Solace64

Aug 1, 2010
Looking at possibly buying a 2005 CRF450R for $2300 description as follows...

WER suspension
Rekluse pro automatic anti stall clutch
Bark busters
Boyesen clutch cover,
18in rear wheel new tires, heavy duty tubes
FMF powerbomb header
Merge racing adjustable leak jet , jetted perfect-no bog or stall.
New cylinder head with stainless valves and new piston/rings
Bike is in excellent mechanical condition, Could use new plastics, Bike is ready to ride or race.

What do you guys think? Good deal?

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Unless your looking to do track riding. Don't buy the bike you won't be happy with it in the woods. If your considering buying a woods bike then the CRF450X is the bike for you if your looking for a honda. There are big differences between the two and don't let someone try to convice you that the R will be ok in the woods. Unless your a very good trail rider and can the bike up on its revs then you'll be stalling it more then you can imagine. Not sure where you're located but Steve has a CRF450X setup with a complete Budd Matos suspension for the Coal company that I think he might want to sell. The suspension alone was around 1500.00 he doesn't ride this bike any more as he has a New KTM. Just saw the bike your looking at has a reklose clutch. That could be another problem for you if your used to riding with engine braking. You sort of loose that the second you tap the rear brake with the reklose. I guess I'm saying you need two bikes. One for the woods the other for the track if that's what you want to do. I don't think anyone in our group rides the rack any more so we're out of touch with that. Good luck!

Top Bottom