Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
woohoo finally my bike won't be the only one with those style plastics...even now all that stuff is on backorder :bang:

I'm diggin the "New one-piece seat bolt for easier maintenance. "

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
I was wondering what they mean by "one piece bolt". Is it just (1) bolt that holds the seat on or is the collar and bolt intergrated now. Other than that the new honda's are very beautiful bikes. The attention to detail is second to none. Not much done to the engine on the 450, I'm thinking 06.(Maybe FI, who knows) The frame does look cleaner and the new 250F style side panels look sweet. I wouldn't be surprised with some ingenuity, titanium and lots of money if you can get that bike down to 220 -222 lbs wet.(No gas) i figure the bike weighs in now around 228. (With the additional 3.5 lbs of weight loss). Think about that number for a second. Only 3 years ago Tim Ferrys tricked out factory YZF weighed 228 lbs and that was a totally factory effort. Wow, bike progess is great.

Erik

Yogurt

~SPONSOR~
Dec 25, 1999
Actually the 05 CRF450 is the most changed. The 04 CRF450 is still the 3rd generation frame. While the 04 CRF250 is the 4th generation aluminum frame. Now for 05 the CRF450 has a frame more like it's smaller brother the 250. Doesn't seem like the 05 has many improvements over the 04 version. But it did loose 2lbs.

Top Bottom