2005 Furnace Hare Scramble... Year #3

LocoCD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 22, 2000
We are getting everything ready for the Furnace HS this Fall. It is scheduled for September 17-18. We will be posting some info about the event over the next few months. In just 2 years this has become the largest women and youth cross country race in the Country. We had nearly 300 racers last year with 90 women and girls. We will break 100 this year - which may be a first for any AMA event.

For the women - this will be a D-36 points paying event for A, B and C riders.

For the beginner women we will have additional classes including a "Divas" class for women 35 and older! We are also considering a family fun run and adults 50 "Mini Hare Scramble" on Saturday before the BBQ and Band.

For 2005 we have signed a title sponsor that will bring about $8,000 in rider contingency prizes. More details to come, but lets just say the race winners will be VERY happy with their prizes! As an added twist we are also putting together non-moto contingency prizes from several salons and cosmetic distributors.

The mud bog will be back and we will be adding a fun little section called "Disneyland".

This will be a 2-day event this year with the entire OHV park reserved for the Sunday races.

Practice a lot this Summer and come prepared for a great event.

Much more to come!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
OOOooooooohhhhhh! A DIVA CLASS!! I'll remember to duct tape my tiara to my helmet!! Count me in. :)

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
GETMETOCA said:
OOOooooooohhhhhh! A DIVA CLASS!! I'll remember to duct tape my tiara to my helmet!! Count me in. :)

lol

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
And "The Ant" :ride: will wear her "antenna".... :)

-- RandyB

LocoCD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 22, 2000
Prarie City OHV in Sacramento, CA.

We met with our major sponsors - Roseville Cycle Center and Tucker Rocky. You will be amazed at the contingency prizes this year.

For those out of town - we have had riders from Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Arizona and all over California! The information flyer can be found here: Furnace HS Flyer .

Please ignore the entry form - it was last year's race and the times will be different.

LocoCD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 22, 2000
The race flyer can be found here:AMA D-36

or

Here: Bushwackers MC

in the next couple of days. The event is coming together great - tons of contingency prizes, a cool new uphill start, adults 50s mini hare scramble and don't forget the band!

LocoCD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 22, 2000
4 days to the event... the course is set and it will the best ever. Hope to see some DNR'ers pick up great contingency prizes and trophies!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Denny, I never sent in my pre-entry but I'm pretty sure I'll see you there. I'll be camping Saturday night.

LocoCD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 22, 2000
Just a note on the race... this year we had 324 racers with nearly 90 women and girls. We ended up handing out over $7,500 in contingency prozes and we grew about 25% from last year.

Great racing with riders from as far as Seattle. Keep ypur eyes peeled for next year's version - we are make more changes as we speak and anticipate over 400 women and youth racers. If you want to race in all women classes in largest event of it's kind, come on down!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
I wish "down" were closer!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Denni, it was a great, spectacular event to see a race that big with all those women! And the youth events were even larger. The course was fun and the Bushwhackers did a great job of flagging, working the course and asssisting where needed. Thanks again for putting on such a great event!

Top Bottom