freshplaster

Nov 14, 2006
Well I just picked up my new (to me ) 05 250 Ec. It only has 400 km's on it so it isn't hardly broke in. I am 6'3" 230lbs and am just getting back into biking. I plan to use it at the track and in the bush ( no racing). Any advice?. Watch out fors, or upgrades in that year of Gas Gas?. It already has a LTR power valve cover. Which is bigger than the stock one. I read in two or three places on the net this is one good upgrade for this bike. I put the MOTO rear fender on the other day retiring the rear fender with the licence plate attachment. It improved the looks of it. I am planning on continuing to use behl ray oil every where,as that is what it has seen since new. It is still winter here so I have to wait a little longer to get out and let it rip.

COMBEN

Nov 7, 1999
Not sure in Canadian EC's are like the euro ones, if so, check to see the homogolation kit has been removed, air inlet restrictor, throttle slide stop etc.

She will need jetting as they are far too rich std, loads of info about on jetting and the gearing may be a tad too high for most when out the box.

If you need any help let us know....you sure have a nice bike there, enjoy!

freshplaster

Nov 14, 2006
thanx people that says alot about the euro bike I bought. I think I will enjoy this bike alot. I just need the snow to go and the bush to dry-up a little.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Good choice on the bike. First thing I would do is the kickstand mod You may also want to switch to the LTR jet kit. Some have better luck with it, some don't. Otherwise enjoy the new bike! GasGas bikes are great and I know you're going to have a blast.

Just curious, where in Canada are you?

TPbeMe

Dec 2, 2000
I'm not familiar with the your terrain, however, you might want to consider adding one tooth on the rear sprocket. (The stock rear is "48" teeth.) This seems to have had a good effect on my 300.

As well, seriously consider going to aftermarket top triple clamps and bar mounts that will raise the bar height, as well as, center or move the bar position forward from center.

I'm 6'1" and have found this addition to be worthwhile, since the Gassers are a bit cramped in the cockpit area.

Along with tall seat foam, I also recommend going with a mini high bar--to give additional room. That, or the Pastrana Free-style bend.

The bikes come jetted a bit on the rich side; consider buying the LT-Racing jetting kit, as well.

Happy riding,

TP
'03 EC 300

motorhead434

May 28, 2003
Or to go the thrifty route you could just add another washer like the one that came on the 05' underneath the bar mount -too raise it up,than turn your mounts 180 degrees to move bars forward.The cheep mode

headbanger

May 7, 2000
I have been using Shell Rotella T 5w-40 syn. in the trans.
and it works great and only cost $12.00 a gal. @ ----mart.

Check out the Smackover website for more GasGas info.
Good Luck!

Top Bottom