2005 KDX 200 Rear Suspension Linkage!!!!

Chrismcr

Dec 26, 2008
Hi,

I'm seeking advice, my KDX 200's suspension in the rear is squeeking. I have been told by a friend that KDX's are very lightly greased out the factory. This is why I want to grease my rear suspension linkage before it fails. How do i do this??
Any tips. Are there 2 bolts on either side?? What about the bearings?? Any info would be apprecciated.

Thanks Chris

mudpack

Nov 13, 2008
Put the bike up on a stand (wheels off the ground) unbolt the nuts on the linkages. (you may find it easier if you remove the bottom-most chain roller on the swingarm). Remove the links. Push out the bushings, exposing the needle bearings. Closely examine the bearings and the bushings for wear.
Either replace those worn items you find, or apply plenty of moly grease to the needles with your little finger. As I recall, I had to use a press to reassemble one of the bushings in my new '06. Make sure the seals are installed the same way they came out. Re-assemble the linkages, retorque the nuts. Put the chain roller back on.
Done. It's actually very simple once you get into it.

Don't forget the shock's bottom attachment....also don't put the rocker arm on wrong...take a digital photo before you begin so you have a reference.(I'm assuming you don't have a FSM, or you wouldn't need this info from the forum :nod: )

Last edited:

zeerx

Jan 25, 2003
The lower shock bearing is VERY under-engineered. I replace it every year. :nod:

eldrm

~SPONSOR~
Nov 3, 2000
lower shock bearing

can you replace the lower shock mount bearing without taking off the swingarm, etc? the last time i did it i had replaced everything so it was all apart already, trying to get off easy!

Top Bottom