2005 RM 125 blowing oil from the exhaust

Mike Burns

Oct 15, 2012
My son has a 2005 RM 125 that is blowing oil from the pipe. I am running the mixture at 35:1 with Maxima 2 oil. Can someone please help me with this ? I also messed around with the gas and air screws to see if that would help, but it didn't. Do I need to move the clip on the needle up or down ?
Thanks for your help.

MxRed

Oct 11, 2012
I had the same problem with my honda cr125. Try replacing the spark plug to a hotter spark such as a "NGK BR8ES" spark plug in order to burn all the oil your bike is running. Also make sure your air filter is clean and properly oiled for better air flow. And I believe moving the clip on the main needled down will be thinner. And up for leaner flow, moving the clip down could allow more gas to flow which could also help with sputtering. Also the fuel ratio could have an affect . I run 32:1 usually but if your riding hard, try 40:1 for serious reving. What spark plug are you running now?

CR3999

Feb 28, 2000
Sounds like your jetting is a little off.A little spoooge is ok. Read the stickys on jetting they are very informative and will help you alot. Moving the clip up will lean the mixture. Keep the stock spark plug in place.

Mike Burns

Oct 15, 2012
I will check, thanks

MxRed said:
I had the same problem with my honda cr125. Try replacing the spark plug to a hotter spark such as a "NGK BR8ES" spark plug in order to burn all the oil your bike is running. Also make sure your air filter is clean and properly oiled for better air flow. And I believe moving the clip on the main needled down will be thinner. And up for leaner flow, moving the clip down could allow more gas to flow which could also help with sputtering. Also the fuel ratio could have an affect . I run 32:1 usually but if your riding hard, try 40:1 for serious reving. What spark plug are you running now?

Top Bottom