2005 yz 250 are they good? is this a good price???

Joerider07

Mar 25, 2008
ok so im lookin at this 2005 yz 250. are they good i mean is this a bad year or anything i should kno? its 2700. that seems pretty cheap to me. 2006 there like 4000 or so why such a big price jump?

here are the mods on it etc.

Top end done every year. Everything is in great working condition. Oil Changed after every second ride. Very well maintained bike. FMF GNARLY pipe (recently purchased) FMF Shorty silencer VForce Reeds IMS 3.2 Gallon large tank. Or we can put the stock tank back on. Moose hand guards. New Clutch, 3 rides only. New Front tire with only a few rides. Back tire in good conditio :laugh:

griffbones

Sep 12, 2006
That's just what I have been looking for. I went to see two different 2005 YZ250's now, but as it turned out neither bike had been maintained very well, so I had to pass on them.

crazytrails

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 25, 2005
Wow, that is cheap... especially with all the goodies and if it was well taken care of.. great bikes..

Joerider07

Mar 25, 2008
ok thanks ill prob get it this weekend if he still has it. he said the oil has been changed every 2nd ride and the top end redone every year. wat could i look at on the bike to make sure its been maintainced and all good?

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
Pull the filter off and look in the airbox boot with a flash light. If there's any dirt in there you can bet the motor has excessive wear.

With the clutch cable adjusted properly start the bike put it in gear and make sure you get clutch engagement no further than half way out on the lever, any further out and you have excessive clutch plate wear, $150.00.

Look for a misaligned rear fender, an indication of a bent subframe. Look for smashed radiators, they cost about $300.00 each.

CarnageZ28

Mar 25, 2008
I know it sounds dumb, but I usually just rattle the owner with some questions, like I am a noob. Depending on if they sound intelligent or not, I have a good idea of how it was maintained... And I ask for reciepts ... I keep all the receipts from when I do a top end or something, cause I never know when I might sell a bike. I have all my maintainence reciepts.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
CarnageZ28 said:
I keep all the receipts from when I do a top end or something, cause I never know when I might sell a bike. I have all my maintainence reciepts.

I destroy all my receipts so my wife can't find them and total them up.

CarnageZ28

Mar 25, 2008
I dont have a wife heheh. I think the reciepts are a thing to keep me in check with myself. If I see how much money I spend on the camaro, the bikes, etc. I am less likely to buy until I research it some and know what I really want. It never works out that way though, I just keep acquiring cool **** as good deals come up lol.

Top Bottom