Sep 15, 2004
Just bought a 2005 yz 85 and went to change the oil....but cant find the drain plug. it is not on the bottom of the motor.I see a bolt with a copper washer on the side cover where the brake lever is.i drained it through there.how do you check the level??no sight window and i dont see anothe bolt to check the level. i put 500 ml back in.on my cr 250 the drain is on the bottom and the level check is a bolt on the side cover.any one???? :think:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
yankeefan4life72 said:
Just bought a 2005 yz 85 and went to change the oil....but cant find the drain plug. it is not on the bottom of the motor.I see a bolt with a copper washer on the side cover where the brake lever is.i drained it through there.how do you check the level??no sight window and i dont see anothe bolt to check the level. i put 500 ml back in.on my cr 250 the drain is on the bottom and the level check is a bolt on the side cover.any one???? :think:

That bolt behind the brake lever is the drain, and it takes 500 ml.

There is no level check.

Sep 15, 2004
thanks alot i guess i did it right. i still like the idea of a lvel check bolt makes it kinda idiot proof......wonder what the reasoning behind yamahas decision on this was????

Top Bottom