2005 yz125 where is oil check bolt??

raptor199

Feb 16, 2006
Hey, I was just wonderin where the bolt is that you check your oil level with on an 05 yz125. I think it may be the allen headed bolt on the clutch cover but I'm not sure.

adam_co

Apr 16, 2007
these bikes only have tranny oil the engine is lubed by the oil u put in your fuel, there should be a little glass window somewhere on the engine, there should be a mark in the middle of the window and you should be able to see that the oil is above that mark, if it aint drain it out and put some new in and make sure its above the mark but not right at the top of the window as im sure this can cause overheating or something

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
No glass window in this bike. There's a bolt that is removed while the bike is level. If oil pours out, the oil is at least full, or too full. If no oil comes out, it's low on oil.

ericz103

Aug 18, 2006
says 660 milliliters on the cover I believe. Just use my trusty ratio rite to dump it in and never bother checking. Still on my first clutch so eh must be doing something right. or I just need to ride harder...hmmm.

chiro972

Dec 12, 2002
My 1980 rm250 has no window and no bolt to remove to check. Sucks because it was eating oil through the right crank seal (fixed) and leaking around the sprocket (fixed) so you can't just dump in the specified amount and go.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom