2005 yz250f fork oil replacement?

Brraaappp

Oct 22, 2004
Hello,
I am helping a friend change the fork springs in the front of his 2005 yz250f. We changed the springs with not to much trouble but I am not real sure the proper procedure for replacing the oil. These forks are a lot different than I am use to. The book say to use 8.28 us oz. However I see there is an inner valve on the top. I guess you hold the outer ring nut and remove the inner with a special tool. Does this have to be removed to add oil? Also where do you prime/pump the fork to get the oil distributed evenly? The book does not give the greatest discription on how to add the oil. Any help would be great!
Thanks,
Brraaappp

Brraaappp

Oct 22, 2004
Ok Great! How much oil do I need to replace? Is there a spec for the amount in just the out tube area. Also do I just pour it in the outer tube area where the spring is. I did pour out some oil during the spring change but it did not seem like a lot of oil to me! Thanks for the help!
-Brraaappp

WhiPit

Mar 16, 2000
The new KYB forks don't use much oil in the outer chamber. There's a lot of plastic bits taking up the space in the bottom of the fork. I'd say an "average" amount of oil in the outer chamber is about 265cc.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom