YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
For best campfire results, sit somewhere between MotoMetal, ChopperDave, Donny, and Milk. If you squeeze your chair in between those guys, you're in for an earfull of quality entertainment.

And one more thing, quit riding dirtbikes for six months prior to DirtWeek, lest ye be crippled!

YZ165

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
crazy4nitro said:
A nice pic of Cooperlands jumps in the background. Someone has a pic in the gallery of a step-up and someone else posted that the pic dont do justice as to how steep it is..this appears to be the jump in the background...anybody know..

I have been researching the net looking for more pics of Cooperland when I found this.

http://www.transworldmotocross.com/mx/content/images/jan05/010505/andyjonesderekcooksm.jpg

Crazy

Yep, the one way back there in the center is the big step up. The one they are jumping is the largest table at Cooperland. YZ165

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Here's the one OldGuy is refering to. It's nuts.....If I remember right the two guys watching are a couple DRN regulars....

MO0105_okl01.jpg

250hornet

Feb 6, 2006
hey i was just wonderin which out of the 250 2 strokes are good because i sold my kx 250 96 model and im looking for another 250 but in the 00 - 05 model range can anyone help me out here

crazy4nitro

Aug 31, 2005
YZ165 said:
Yep, the one way back there in the center is the big step up. The one they are jumping is the largest table at Cooperland. YZ165

My YZ85 is yealping like a dog out in the garage :yikes: !

Okie,you say that dude is like 1/3 the way there,what is that like 4-5th gear pinned? :ride:

Crazy

250hornet

Feb 6, 2006
info on new bike

i sold my kx250 96 model 3 days ago and i want a 250 still but i want sumthing in the 00- 05 model area which 250 is good but has to be 2 stroke anyone helppp :)

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
BSWIFT said:
The best racing is around the camp fire. Very competitive, the jumps are longer, whoops are bigger, and the holeshots are spectacular!

As long as Big Lou is not racing through the fire!

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Are the dates getting narrowed down for Dirt Week Yet? My calender is starting to fill up and this date needs to go in ASAP, as its got priority. I want to run a fall marathon, and dont want the 2 to conflict.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
What ever the dates are, I deserve holeshot this year since Okie already has my money :nod:

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
Jeff Gilbert said:
What ever the dates are, I deserve holeshot this year since Okie already has my money :nod:

I don't know, I may have gotten you beat. I payed for the whole week for two people, and Okie still has my money too. ah, what ever, I'll just say that's a donantion for last year's event. :cool:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
"DirtWeek" will probably be a huge group ride this year.... events on the fly, bench racing... open riding.
It WON'T be the organized event it's been, we are taking a year off. We'll be there for 3-4 days, everyone that's run the thing all these years will actually play :)

Dates are not set yet, but will get that worked out asap.

Everyone that shows will pay the track owner directly. I will work a deal for us tho, usually $15 to ride and $5 to camp. For those that were at the first "spodefest" and liked it, you'll dig this.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Where do I sign up? Sounds like a great time to me!

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
crazy4nitro said:
My YZ85 is yealping like a dog out in the garage :yikes: !

Okie,you say that dude is like 1/3 the way there,what is that like 4-5th gear pinned? :ride:

Crazy

A friend of mine said it took every thing his YZ250 had in 4th.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Sounds good to me!:cool:

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Okiewan said:
"DirtWeek" will probably be a huge group ride this year.... events on the fly, bench racing... open riding.
It WON'T be the organized event it's been, we are taking a year off. We'll be there for 3-4 days, everyone that's run the thing all these years will actually play :)

Dates are not set yet, but will get that worked out asap.
Bringing this one to the top, my wife asked me today, When is it? :coocoo:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Yea, when is it!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Not sure if Okie has had a chance to talk to the new owner's of Cooperland, I know I haven't had the opportunity. Setting a date now would be nice but until Oklahoma gets substantial amounts of rain, Cooperland will remain dry and dusty. As I post this, it is raining lightly. We need 4-6 inches now but by August, we'll need 4-6 more for the ponds to fill up and the ground to have moisture below 1/2".
Not to put a fly in the ointment but has anyone thought of organizing a group ride in MO, AR, KS, CO?

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
BSWIFT said:
Not sure if Okie has had a chance to talk to the new owner's of Cooperland, I know I haven't had the opportunity. Setting a date now would be nice but until Oklahoma gets substantial amounts of rain, Cooperland will remain dry and dusty. As I post this, it is raining lightly. We need 4-6 inches now but by August, we'll need 4-6 more for the ponds to fill up and the ground to have moisture below 1/2".
Not to put a fly in the ointment but has anyone thought of organizing a group ride in MO, AR, KS, CO?

I remember a thread earlier in the year, but the problem came down to finding a location that has some trails. I don't believe a track would be that hard to nail down with some preplanning, but it may not be on the same caliber as Cooperland.

Suggestions, thoughts, comments?

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
sawblade, you should talk to the new owners of cooperland. they're at river valley all the time.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom