fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
We are hoping the expand the Family series to four events this year. I am learning that as a series grows you run into conflicts. In the D14 series we had to change the weekend of Jack Pine/Pine Cone to avoid four races in four weekends.
We wanted to keep the Spring Pine Cone on Arbor Day weekend and now we have a hare scrambles in Portland on Sunday of the same weekend - oh well. I hope this does not hamper our attendance in Kalkaska.
One reason we wanted to keep the Spring Pine Cone on Arbor Day weekend is that we will be planting more trees in partnership with the DNR. The other reason is to continue our participation in the Kalkska Trout Festival. Anyone who participated in the tree planting last year knows that we had 1,500 trees in the ground in less than an hour. I am hoping we can plant 5,000 trees this year. If anyone has any questions abou the tree planting, please let me know. At this time the plan is to plant some trees on Friday because it is Arbor Day, but most of the planting will occur on Sunday. We want to continue the theme from last year...TURNING THE WHEELS FOR TOMORROW - PLANTING TREES FOR THE FUTURE.

Another way to get involved is to help out at one of these events. I know many of you ride them with your kids, wives or friends and that is great. However, if anyone wanted to learn the other side of enduros (non-riding), the Family series is an excellent opportunity to learn course marking, mileaging, check placements, and how to run a check. In the past few years I have worked with Don Marsh, Fred T and many others in the art of running a check. The clubs need your help with both the Family and the D14 events.

FYI - the only rule change in D14 Enduros is that the "worker points" has been increased to 26 points (not your average). If you are interested you need approval from the club and have written notice to Tom Dunn - enduro chairman before April 1st. In fact, Mr. Dunn needs help with the June event!

Work will begin on the Spring Pine Cone in early April. If anyone wants to help out, let me know.

Last edited:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Mike, plan on the Marsh team again as needed including the Pine Cone this year I really missed working it the last time!
Don

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
You could, win but still have no CLASS!
Don

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Ouch, no that didn't hurt. :nener:
Imagine the trophy presentation. " He may not be the fastest or most talented rider but his planning and preperation carried him through. He just outworked the competition." :laugh:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Is there a limit on the number of events one person can work for 26pts?.....

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Wolverine423 said:
Is there a limit on the number of events one person can work for 26pts?.....

One, uno, 1, won. I'll at least get 26 points next year after Jackpine. Thats more points than I had altogether in 2003 and 2005! :laugh:

Wassamadder? You worried about the Senior A class?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Nice try TC---Fred is correct, only one event. You need to get a hold of the club and get their approval before April 1.

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
fatherandson said:
Nice try TC---Fred is correct, only one event. You need to get a hold of the club and get their approval before April 1.

I knew there would be a catch. :pissed: my championship chances just vanished. I'd like to ride a couple more next year and work a couple of others. Had a blast working the Jackpine, if you need help, sign me up.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Mike thanks for da info! I talked to Tom D and told him I would work the Kalkaska event if it was a go......

Don't sell yourself short {no punn intended FredT} Get dat butt on your MTB for some cardio and you will do great in your new class! I know Team Ghetto Booty member Don Marsh is gonna be ready!...He got a new Polor F-11 heart monitor to train this winter.....

DW

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
new class?

DW
what new class am I in? 50 + SS class same as last year. :coocoo:

I don't need a heart rate monitor to tell me I am tired.

It's just been too friggin cold to MTB, I do have studded tires that I used last winter on my spare MTB.

Thinking of getting a trainer to peddle in the basement.

I plan to ride my KTM all winter to train, ride the Sandlapper as a tune up in March. I'll be ready.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Fred, went for my 1st studded tire ride Sunday, Wow what a blast!
Thought I would try it before I spent the money on Trelborgs. Give me a call if you can get away for a ride.
Don

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Ya call me too when you guys wanta ride.

Hummm my bad lol...I thought you were just entering the SS class. Fred you don't look a day over 40!

As far as a heart monitor..it helps you stay with in your zone while training so you reap all the bennies out of you cardio workout so there is no wasted effort in what your trying to accomplish as an overall goal.

DW

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Don Marsh said:
Fred, went for my 1st studded tire ride Sunday, Wow what a blast!
Thought I would try it before I spent the money on Trelborgs. Give me a call if you can get away for a ride.
Don

I will. Napper don't ride much anymore so I'm looking for someone to ride with.

FT

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom