maschaff

Dec 9, 2009
I was looking for a honda cr 125 and stumbled across a 2006 husqvarna cr 125 for $1600. The cylinder has been bored out to a 144 by eric gorr. The person claims theres less than 20 hours on the bike since it was new. So my question is are these good bikes? and is this a good price for this bike?

maschaff

Dec 9, 2009
not that this is my dream bike but a 2006 in new condition for 1600 is hard to pass up. I won't be racing and want a bike that i can do the track on as well at ride trails. Does anyone know ot the quality of these bikes?

COLEMANAPP

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
This is copied from another site and not my review.

Ok here goes I purchased a 2006 CR 125 back in 2006 My son raced it
in 2006 and some in 2007 off road desert and Nationals 125 expert class.Then in 2008 i raced it in all the AMA Nationals Hare and Hounds getting the # 1 plate against the open class ,plus i did about 10 regular desert races
For 2009 the bike was to be retired as a spare bike but my other son said let me race the Nationals on it Well after 4 Nationals the bike is leading in the class again .Bike is bone stock gets a new piston and rings once a year
has only had 1 clutch after almost 4 years Has been raced in the 4 100 mile nationals after going all of 2008 with out being rebuilt
Now the motor is at Uptight for a rebuild and yesterday George told me
all he needed to do was new crank bearings ,rod bearings and seals
the clutch and basket is still in good shape so are all the gears .BUT what is hard to beleive after 4 years the stock clyinder is still standard so it will remain a stock 125 again
If this true storie does not prove the HUSkY 125 is close to bullit proff i do not know what else to say

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
Keep in mind the availability of parts. I bought a 2004 Husqvarna TE 250 with a cracked case back in the Summer. The crack was not in a load bearing area, so I JB Welded the case, sold it, and made some money. I live in a suburb of Dallas, so I can buy parts from multiple shops for any Japanese bike within 10-15 minutes of my house. The nearest Husqvarna store was well over an hour. If you own a Husky, you are at the mercy of the dealer prices, because you arent going to find used parts. I have read that they have questionable reliability...I didnt keep it long enough to find out. Personally, I wouldnt buy one. They are rich man's bikes who can afford to fix them and Im not rich.

0120x

Jan 10, 2009
COLEMANAPP said:
This is copied from another site and not my review.

Ok here goes I purchased a 2006 CR 125 back in 2006 My son raced it
in 2006 and some in 2007 off road desert and Nationals 125 expert class.Then in 2008 i raced it in all the AMA Nationals Hare and Hounds getting the # 1 plate against the open class ,plus i did about 10 regular desert races
For 2009 the bike was to be retired as a spare bike but my other son said let me race the Nationals on it Well after 4 Nationals the bike is leading in the class again .Bike is bone stock gets a new piston and rings once a year
has only had 1 clutch after almost 4 years Has been raced in the 4 100 mile nationals after going all of 2008 with out being rebuilt
Now the motor is at Uptight for a rebuild and yesterday George told me
all he needed to do was new crank bearings ,rod bearings and seals
the clutch and basket is still in good shape so are all the gears .BUT what is hard to beleive after 4 years the stock clyinder is still standard so it will remain a stock 125 again
If this true storie does not prove the HUSkY 125 is close to bullit proff i do not know what else to say
this sounds like john kearny from d37 and its true he rocks on his 125 and his only dnf that i know of was a couple of months back when he broke his collar bone and his son dnf,d last month with the same injurie,go to d37ama look up ajaxa on the message board he will sell the bike to you he loves the and has great success racing them.you can also try ajax auto wrecking in google,

Top Bottom