2003 kx125

Dec 1, 2009
Hello

Im new but i have a question i have recently gutted a 2006 kx250f for money and sold the parts besides the engine and mufflers to it.Now my racing bike is a 2003 kx125.I was wandering can i put the 250 engine on the kx125.(oh and if your wandering why i gutted the 250 its because i wrecked it beyond repair and sold what was usable.)

thanks
tyler

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
You'll at least need a good welder or pay someone else. Swingarm/rear engine mount tends to cause problems so you'll likely need some fab work there. What if the angle of the intake is off and you can't get the carb on? There's alot of possible hurdles and unless someone has done exactly what you want to it's highly unlikely you'll get any pertinent information.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
Joe is exactly right. When you're attempting a 1 off you're kind of on your own. There are folks that can and will offer up advice, but you're basically pioneering the project. It's likely that you'd have to cut the swingarm to fit the engine, fabricate new engine mounts, massage the frame or even cut and add length to the engine cradle, etc. If you were expecting something to bolt in and go, then just walk away now.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
WHY? WHY WHY?

All these "can I swap this motor to *******ize that bike" lately.

So you took an aluminum frame bike and want to downgrade everything by installing it in a KX125 chassis? WOW take a few steps back there. Steel frame, that when adding the additional weight will cause it handle even worst, plus downgrading the suspension from Showa dual chambers and shock to KYB open bath units. And you will have to swap spring rates when done just for the extra engine weight and still will be chasing your tail with chassis problems.

Again, why? Just go buy a 04-05 KXF or 04-06 RMZ steel frame and swap parts. Bet you can find them cheap on Ebay.

ulmanb

Jun 12, 2003
With the 500 conversions, they are taking legendary engines and putting them into a current chassis to improve handling.

You are going to take a current engine and install it into a lesser handling bike.

and you will end up with a bike with little re-sale value in the end even if you spend lots of money and do it right.

Top Bottom