DLHamblin

May 27, 2005
Did a search on here and found a lot of different opinions; so I thought I'd re-ask here.

Got my son his new 06 YZ-85 (moving up from his TT-R125). The bike now has about 2 tanks through it. Its got the stock jetting and BR10EG plug.

We have fouled 3 plugs, 2 after we switched to 32:1 mix. (I expected to foul a couple as it had 15:1 initially for breakin from the dealer for the first tank, but it actually made it through that tank on the 1st plug).

Its not fouling when he starts etc; seems to be after 15-20 minutes he gets the dreaded brrrp -nothing. He is doing quite well now at keeping the rpm's up in the power band.

As the 06 is supposedly un-changed from the 05 does anyone have a typical setup that can get us close?

One suggestion I was given was to run a BR9EG instead of the BR10EG. I also turned the airscrew out 1/2 turn (but again, its not fouling at low RPM or when starting, but after he has ridden it for about 15-20 minutes.)

I was spoiled, my 06 YZ250 hasn't needed any changes and is still on its original plug after about 7-8 hours.

DLHamblin

May 27, 2005
hmmm, per a suggestion I put in a BR9EG vs the std BR10EG. Ran a full 45 minutes without a hiccup. After it sat it fired back up.

Will see how it goes but maybe that is all it takes with those.

DLHamblin

May 27, 2005
ncflattrack said:
With that much oil thru the first 2 tanks, make sure the power valve is not sticking either. :cool:

YZ-85's don't have a power valve so thats one area I am safe in.

He has ridden two times now on the same BR9EG and all is well so maybe that will do it.

DLHamblin

May 27, 2005
Well, he has ridden three times (for around an hour each) in two days on the same BR9EG plug and it runs great; no fouling. Interesting how one range on the plug could make such a difference. On the stock BR10EG he got maybe 30 minutes aplug.

Top Bottom