RedBull

Viva La Revolucion!
Nov 14, 2001
So i just got my new ktm 250 and im looking through the owners manual and besides the low ratio of 60:1 I also see about the Auxiliary spring which looks like it maybe controls the power valves and comes in # different spring rates Yellow is stock and is for good driveability green is to go smoother and red is for aggressive.

Has anyone tried and of the different springs and noticed any difference in the power and if so did you think it was a worthy change...

Thanks

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
RedBull said:
So i just got my new ktm 250 and im looking through the owners manual and besides the low ratio of 60:1 I also see about the Auxiliary spring which looks like it maybe controls the power valves and comes in # different spring rates Yellow is stock and is for good driveability green is to go smoother and red is for aggressive.

Has anyone tried and of the different springs and noticed any difference in the power and if so did you think it was a worthy change...

Thanks

As far as I know all the 250 and 300 2-stroke for the last few years use the same springs.. The SX comes with a red.. I put in a yellow but have not had the bike out since and I have a green sitting on my computer desk incase the yellow is still too hard hitting for me. From what I under stand the adjustment determines when the power valve starts opening and the spring determines how fast it opens. Red opens the fastest and green the slowest,, there is also a blue that is between the red and yellow.

RedBull

Viva La Revolucion!
Nov 14, 2001
thanks can you let me know the diffrence once you try the yellow. mine came yellow installed and i have only been out once so far and that was to break it in so i never really got on it. but the yellow felt fine

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
My son has the 07 250xc and naturally he had to try them all, after all it came with them. But right now he says he likes the green spring the best in the woods. It comes on early and smooth without excessive wheel spin. The red spring came in higher in the rpm range and hit instant with lots of wheel spin.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
mideastrider said:
My son has the 07 250xc and naturally he had to try them all, after all it came with them. But right now he says he likes the green spring the best in the woods. It comes on early and smooth without excessive wheel spin. The red spring came in higher in the rpm range and hit instant with lots of wheel spin.

I've pulled a back muscle so not sure when I'll get to try the yellow and green but the red came on too hard for me.

Top Bottom