Kzoo

Mar 26, 2004
I am a Newbie. I am looking to take Second or First in my class, but I need one more race to see if I am invited? I am in the family enduro and it says that the top 3 riders will be invited?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Kzoo, which class in the FES?

I plan to notify everyone from the FES series who is invited to the banquet, but you will need to pay.

The enduro riders either need to convince the hare scramble group to have the banquet later in the year or have our own banquet. Having a deadline before the final race of the year makes no sense to me.

Mike

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
fatherandson said:
The enduro riders either need to convince the hare scramble group to have the banquet later in the year or have our own banquet. Having a deadline before the final race of the year makes no sense to me.

Mike

I second that

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I don't know who was consulted, if anyone, within the enduro division regarding a banquet date, but I get the sense that informing us of the date was an afterthought.

The same thing happened last year.

Kzoo

Mar 26, 2004
Ok, I am lost a little. So this is not the same banquet, that the Family enduro will be attending?
I run the family enduro class k 30-39 class.
We have two more races left, Oct 13 and the 20.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Sorry for the confusion..the deadline is October 15th (after the Upland FES). I expect that with MotoTalley in operation, the updated point standing may be available on Saturday evening. It is the same banquet.
In your class, you need to finish in the top three positions. We have some classes that have a number of regular attendees and some competitive points races. I am considering extra invitations to the banquet in these classes. I will make the final decision after Roselawn FES II.

24mph,m/l

Banquet

We share the banquet date because when enduros had our own banquet, it wasn't very well attended. Maybe as the FES series grows we will have enough people to hold our own. As a conference planner my wife has learned that a better deal can be negotiated for a larger group. We didn't used to have a doubleheader the first weekend of Nov, so less was up in the air. Unfortunately, Nov 10 is the ideal date: later in Nov conflicts with deer season and Dec dates conflict with Christmas office parties, etc.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I found out a little more as to why it is November 10th and the enduro division was not consulted.

A 3-year contract was signed with Valley Plaza, with the November 10th date as part of the contract. I spoke with Jenny Tomanek, wife of the HS Chairman and helping to coordinate the banquet, and she had no idea that we still have a number of events left in the season, and 2 events the weekend before the banquet and AFTER the final deadline. FWIW, the HS season ends October 7th.

While it's too late to do anything about the date this year, I suggested to Jenny that for next year, even though 11/10 is in the contact, with plenty of notice (like 1 year), Valley Plaza may have some flexibility in changing the date to one that is better suited for all divisions involved.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
24mph said:
... Unfortunately, Nov 10 is the ideal date: later in Nov conflicts with deer season and Dec dates conflict with Christmas office parties, etc.
...Ya, but November 10th conflicts with my wife's birthday! ;)

... And her idea of celebrating is NOT at Valley Plaza Resort!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I attended two other District banquets last year in January. You are able to celebrate the accomplishments of the prior year and start planning for the new racing season. I agree with 24mph that later in November and December do not work.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I would support a January banquet, along with a January sanctioning meeting.... But I suspect that we'd have to have the ability to host an event separate from the HS guys. But those that ride both series really benefit from a single, combined event.

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
fatherandson said:
We have some classes that have a number of regular attendees and some competitive points races. I am considering extra invitations to the banquet in these classes. I will make the final decision after Roselawn FES II.

Any heads up on the classes you are considering?

How about the woman's 16+ class?

I tried to get the date of the Banquet earlier in the year with no luck, because my oldest daughter is getting married on Nov 10. Someone was to get back to me but didn't. Thankfully for the dirt bikers in the family she decided to have it early enough in the day for us to still attend the banquet.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Hey, bring the whole wedding party over, roll that beer keg down the road and partee! :yeehaw:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
WomanRider said:
How about the woman's 16+ class?
Yep, that would be one of them. It all depends on the FES budget at the end of the year. Some clubs have been very generous in making contributions to the banquet fund. I have not had to approach the corporate sponsors....YET. :p

Kzoo

Mar 26, 2004
I still have not seen the posting for the banquet on the D14 Enduro web site. I was lucky and saw it here but think I will wait until this next race to see if I am invited or not.
I am looking for sponsorship and have need to place in the top three in my class.

Kzoo

Mar 26, 2004
thank you Smit-Dog you are on top of it and yes I am on the mailing list. Nice mailings, it keeps me updated and no spam junk. good job.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
After the Matthews FES trophy presentation I will have updated standings printed and available at the event.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Kzoo said:
...Nice mailings, it keeps me updated and no spam junk. good job.
You'll get minor advertising links in the e-mails themselves, but that's only because I'm using the free version of the service. I can get rid of the advertising links in the mailings, but there's a cost associated with that.

Regardless, the D14 mailing list WILL NOT be used for spam.

Kzoo

Mar 26, 2004
where would someone click to see the banquet on D14 web site?
Thank you for all your hard work with the FES and web site.

Top Bottom