Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Bill
Thanks, I do recall that JP 2006 was 126 riders though.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Pine Cone attendance does not include the X or the P riders... just the riders who were scored. We had less than 10 X riders, but around 70 P riders.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
My bad... I thought X / P were interchangable terms meaning anyone who just rode the event without getting scored.

P = Parent (not scored)
X = Any other rider who is not scored

???

YAMAHUNT

Jul 6, 2006
p = with another person being scored (helper)

x = just riding either by themselves or with other x's

helps keep track of who should be with who and where! :whoa:

bterp67

Apr 5, 2007
I thought it would have helped to have the "P" and the minute that the parent was riding with, as the parents number. Sometimes I couldn't tell if I was riding between two riders that should be together. Maybe next year?

YAMAHUNT

Jul 6, 2006
good point btwerp, I will bring that up. I do know that we probably will be going back to #s like this (101,201,301) as our checkers dislike the (1A,1B,1C) also will speed up scoring a little bit to.

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
YAMAHUNT said:
good point btwerp, I will bring that up. I do know that we probably will be going back to #s like this (101,201,301) as our checkers dislike the (1A,1B,1C) also will speed up scoring a little bit to.
No big deal either way, but I kinda like letters so the row number is more obvious. I worked a check at MM doing backup sheet with numbers+letters and didn't have any problem.

YAMAHUNT

Jul 6, 2006
bbarel said:
No big deal either way, but I kinda like letters so the row number is more obvious. I worked a check at MM doing backup sheet with numbers+letters and didn't have any problem.

Well as I was checking some score sheets against the back-up sheets, I noticed that the were at least 3 checks that had comments wrote on the side of the sheet...."LETTERS $uck....GO BACK TO ALL NUMBERS". We had always done numbers and thought we would try letters. We will see. Majority rules in our club. I think its whatever you get used to.

TJC510

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 22, 2006
Bill, we turned my moms score card in as soon as we could (just before trophy presentation) and was told that it would be fixed for points. she probably will not be riding any more this year, but she would like to get the points she earned. my mom wanted me to ask you if you could find it and fix it.

TJ

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
YAMAHUNT said:
Well as I was checking some score sheets against the back-up sheets, I noticed that the were at least 3 checks that had comments wrote on the side of the sheet...."LETTERS $uck....GO BACK TO ALL NUMBERS". We had always done numbers and thought we would try letters. We will see. Majority rules in our club. I think its whatever you get used to.
I did not have any issues with the letters in either of my checks this weekend. Majority rules or loudest voice? :p

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
From a scoring perspective using a 10-key, it is easier / faster to bang out all numbers versus alphanumeric..... x 395 score cards.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
TJC510 said:
Bill, we turned my moms score card in as soon as we could (just before trophy presentation) and was told that it would be fixed for points. she probably will not be riding any more this year, but she would like to get the points she earned. my mom wanted me to ask you if you could find it and fix it.TJ
I don't have any of the score cards. If you have the rider copy, send it to me, otherwise check with Yamahunt to see if he can dig it up.

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
Fatherandson, I think you struck a very valid chord with the "majority rules or loudest voice?" question. I won't offer my feelings or opinions here on this subject. I do believe that this question would spur some good campfire discussion at the LMC clubgrounds in certain company though!
In regard to the number and letter comments, I know that the people on the check I participated in on Saturday didn't have complaints. I am also sure that the Sunday crew consisting of the majority of the Saturday check crew thought the number/letter combos were less confusing when 5 or more riders came in at the same time.

Last edited:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Jack Pine web results posted:

http://www.moto-tally.com/d14/ama/Results.asp

The standings will have to wait.... There are a number of issues that the MotoTally developer has to work on in order to get our whole Grand Champion and Hi-Point logic working correctly... but he has a bachelor party (starting tonight), wedding, and honeymoon to attend to first!

Hopefully this will be all set sometime in early August....

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Does anyone know what happened to Eric Briggs (DNF'd)? We were on the same row, but I never saw him after the 3rd check.

Top Bottom