nicolejames

Jun 6, 2006
hey does anyone know when i can get an 07 ktm 250sx two stroke?

i was gonna buy the 06 but after seeing the 07 design im holding off for that and riding my 02 cr 125 for now, but im in need of more power so hopefully these things will be available sooon.

what does everyone thing of the 07 design changes? I was almost considering the 450sx-f but its 230lbs and the 250sx is only 208lbs so thats a big weight difference and i dont mind a kick starter.

Rhein

Jul 17, 2006
nicolejames said:
hey does anyone know when i can get an 07 ktm 250sx two stroke?

i was gonna buy the 06 but after seeing the 07 design im holding off for that and riding my 02 cr 125 for now, but im in need of more power so hopefully these things will be available sooon.

what does everyone thing of the 07 design changes? I was almost considering the 450sx-f but its 230lbs and the 250sx is only 208lbs so thats a big weight difference and i dont mind a kick starter.

I think the 07s hit in the 4th quarter of 2006

Last edited:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Our dealer says early August for every model but the 450SXF, October for the 450. I think they may quite possibly be the ugliest bikes I've seen in years. My son was really hot on getting the 250SXF but after seeing them he's changed his mind.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Chili said:
I think they may quite possibly be the ugliest bikes I've seen in years. My son was really hot on getting the 250SXF but after seeing them he's changed his mind.

True dat'...after seeing them they remind me of some sort of new age cross between a 97 CR250 and the bikes from Winners Take All, plus one of the all-time ugliest front fenders ever.

scatman

Mi. Trail Riders
Damn Yankees
Jul 15, 2006
When I first saw it, I felt the same way. Looked ugly as sin, but the more I look at it, the more I like it. :nod:

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
Don't judge them by pictures. We got in a 2007 950 enduro and from the pics it didn't impress me. But, when you lay eyes on it in real life, it is one cool bike. I am in hopes that the sx models have the same appeal.

We are getting 2 07 450sx-f bikes and both are already sold.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Midhigh said:
Don't judge them by pictures. We got in a 2007 950 enduro and from the pics it didn't impress me. But, when you lay eyes on it in real life, it is one cool bike. I am in hopes that the sx models have the same appeal.

That 950 Super Enduro will be my next new KTM...that is an impressive bike

Rhein

Jul 17, 2006
Midhigh said:

You are right. Even people not used to seeing bikes for years thought that the new hondas, kawasakis and suzukis looked like crap and cheap compared to the 07 KTMs. My cousin and his girl were astonished at the difference but weren't surprised.

I love the idea of a simple yet innovative 07 250sx. It looks sooo easy to service and so clean. Then there is the 450sxf that is kicking around in my head, tons of stuff to tinker with though (in a bad way) yet has seemingly more support. I can't figure out what to get!!!!!

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
I amend my earlier remarks...after seeing an SX in person, they are ridiculously trick. Amazing the difference in seeing in person vs. pics. It is a sweet bike

Surfrider

Apr 9, 2007
I just got my '07 250sx as well. Took 3 months on special order to get, but well worth it..more power than i can use at the local tracks and this thing feels so light and easy to throw around. I havent seen anything on this bike in magazines, as most mags have turned their backs on 2 strokes in favor of heavier, slower four strokes and their $900 exhaust systems. Long live the 2-stroke, and hang on to that 250 the power is insane.

thebleakness

Sep 19, 2006
My friend picked up his 07 250sx a few weekends ago and I finally got a chance to ride it. Woah! This is a completely stock bike (except for barkbusters and some armor) and even on single track it's amazing. I rode it right after hopping off my KDX and the difference is night and day. If I had the money (which I don't and probably will never have) I would buy one of those, just amazing.

I think it looks awesome as well, I think it's one of the better looking bikes out there right now IMO.

RedBull

Viva La Revolucion!
Nov 14, 2001
I bought my 250sx about 3 weeks ago and love it. fortunatly for me the dealer here had one in the back. I felt the same at 1st not sure if the trickness was gonna overpower the uglyness but i must say look at it for more then a few seconds and it grows on yah .. fast

Top Bottom