Ryan314

Feb 4, 2007
Anyone watching the event tonight? Moto X best trick is absolutely insane! Those guys are nuts :cool:

Anyone know what bikes each guy is using? Seems like many of them are still using 2-strokes.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Crazy dude tries to pull a double. .... close, but at least he walked away.

MX BATES

May 25, 2007
this years was boring to me. both of the big guys was out (pastrana and adams)
to me those guys are the ones that put on the show.

Aryain

!!!!!!
~SPONSOR~
Feb 13, 2007
Yea.. I was amazed to see that Murray guy pull the double. In his first ever competition.

I was definitely standing up hoping that he landed it.. If I would have been there I would have let him use my bike. :cool:

Ryan314

Feb 4, 2007
MX BATES said:
this years was boring to me. both of the big guys was out (pastrana and adams)
to me those guys are the ones that put on the show.

I wanted to see Travis compete again, but since he laid down that double back flip last year, I think it's good that he doesn't compete in it again until someone else completes it.

What bikes are these guys using?

YZ/250

Dec 17, 2006
I was bummed that Murray didnt make it. I was hoping he would be able to try the jump again. Im always for the underdog.

crkid33

Jun 20, 2007
me too, i saw some clips on sports center. that sucks that nate and trav werent in it. did you guys see that guy on big air, how far he went up and how long it took him to hit the bottom of the ramp. i was like :yikes: howd he walk away from that.

mox69

Mar 26, 2007
crkid33 said:
me too, i saw some clips on sports center. that sucks that nate and trav werent in it. did you guys see that guy on big air, how far he went up and how long it took him to hit the bottom of the ramp. i was like :yikes: howd he walk away from that.

I have absolutely no idea how that guy didn't break any bones. If you watch the replay he basically landed perfectly. He comes down at an odd angle, his legs are bent and his feet hit first, but he is sideways so his ass immediately hits next. Then like a whip cracking his head slams down onto the ramp and the majority of the energy was absorbed by his helmet.

I would say that was about a 50ft free fall onto a piece of wood, with nothing but tennis shoes, a helmet and knee pads.

That guy is lucky to be awake right now, let alone walking away from that.

Personally the freestyle competition felt to me like everyone showed up to get a paycheck from their sponsors. 90% of the tricks were a backflip + push your feet off the bike. I know it isn't easy, but these guys have been doing this stuff for years.

I was very happy to see that one kid do a 360 with his body and then hop back on the bike. I don't care if that is "easier" than the other tricks. It is original and it looked cool :)

That double backflip guy has never even landed it on dirt! WTF why don't we just get a bunch of death row inmates and throw them on dirtbikes. To me this stuff isn't about playing russian roulette and hoping you win. It should be a trick you have practiced and perfected.

Here is how I am going to become a millionaire.

Step 1: Call espn tell them I am going to do a triple backflip.

Step 2: Have my mom video tape me triple flipping into the foam landing. On said video watch me land 1 out of the 5 clips. Hope nobody realized the one I landed was sketchy as hell and had it been dirt I would have wiped.

Step 3: Get invited to X-Games.

Step 4: Profit!

dave2005

Jun 1, 2007
yeah I was stoked to see Murry compete ecspecially being from the UP of Michigan. The dude was total UP'er wearing no goggles, sun glasses, his gloves ect, ect. I give the guy my respect for trying that trick in his first competition.
Hopefully he's back next year.

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
To me Freestyle has gotten stale. Yes flips are cool, but if they are doing it every jump then it is boring. I like to see them ride a wall or do a sick whip occasionally. But they haven't really progessed since the 2back flip.
Somebody needs to do a front flip, or a real 360, or barrel role or some thing new. Back flips are getting boring.

joey450

Jul 14, 2007
Last night was the first x game competition where i have ever saw a rider wear the Leatt neck brace,i think Twitch was wearing it. That is smart because all of these guys are eventually going to land on their head at some point in their career.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Check out Jake Brown's shoes blowing off at impact! How this guy walked away from this is beyond me that had to be the equivalent of jumping off a three storey building or worse!

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="370" wmode="transparent" data="http://www.liveleak.com/player.swf?autostart=false&token=4a6_1186108190"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/player.swf?autostart=false&token=4a6_1186108190"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><param name="quality" value="high"></object>

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KBvCrSjpx9I"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KBvCrSjpx9I" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Aryain

!!!!!!
~SPONSOR~
Feb 13, 2007
That was sick. I bet that guy is feeling some SERIOUS pain today. :)

Glad he walked away from it though. That could have been fatal.

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
I watched the free style event and was hopeing Murray would pull it off. But did it not seem that he waited way late to roll on the throttle during his approach? I thought he was going to abort but he got right at the bottom of the ramp and hit the gas. I don't pretend to know anything about doing back flips nor would I attempt such. Just looked alot slower than the other riders approach.

Last edited:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Pred's gonna be thrilled.... a 4 stroke won the step up event and RC predicts more 4-strokes in step up events! :laugh:

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
dave2005 said:
yeah I was stoked to see Murry compete ecspecially being from the UP of Michigan. The dude was total UP'er wearing no goggles, sun glasses, his gloves ect, ect. I give the guy my respect for trying that trick in his first competition.
Hopefully he's back next year.

Yea, he's a total yooper. His only "car" is the ambulance he drove to LA trailering his ramp and bike. It's his daily driver!

Him and his buddy (that tackled the bike) have done some shows around Michigan. They were up in Houghton/Hancock, my old roommate says Murry can throw a ton of tricks, including backflip varials (going steel-to-steel in an asphault parking lot at that!).

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
adam728 said:
Him and his buddy (that tackled the bike) have done some shows around Michigan. They were up in Houghton/Hancock, my old roommate says Murry can throw a ton of tricks, including backflip varials (going steel-to-steel in an asphault parking lot at that!).

I'd sure never guess that out of what he showed. Looked like a one trick pony that was lucky to escape with his life to me. A backflip varial you say? I think someone is pulling your leg or a bit delusional.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
I have a bunch of friend's back in Michigan at college still. Many of them are in the motorcycle club there, and they scraped up funds to hire Murry and his buddy for a show at "Spring Fling" on campus. I was told he was doing backflips one handed, no footed, and even with a heal clicker.

I was promised that pictures would be emailed to me from the show. I'll post when I recieve.

Top Bottom