2008 Kawasaki KLX450R Based On KX450F Motocrosser

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Reported by Alex Edge from Motorcycle Daily - - www.motorcycledaily.com

Next year, Kawasaki will attack the off-road segment with a new KLX450R (designated a 2008 model), based on the company's successful KX450F motocross machine. According to Kawasaki's press materials, the company's engineers started with the KX450F and "modified it for the improved durability, comfort and range needed by off-road racers". These modifications consist mainly of changes to the motor for a more off-road friendly power characteristic, along with increased durability, as well as a wide-ratio 5 speed transmission and some revision of the bike's ergonomics for greater long-distance comfort.

The full article from Motorcycle Daily is here : http://www.motorcycledaily.com/23september06_klx450r.htm

092306_450_top.jpg

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
Pretty! Those are the kind of bikes that should be dual sport with an emphasis in off-road preformance!!! Lol, wayyyy better than my little KE100.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The specs on this machine are great. 22 lbs heavier than the KXF450. I would expect to see a bunch of these bikes in the coming months. The CRX and WR are good bikes but I think there is a new sheriff in town and he's green.

Naz88

Jul 10, 2006
I just ordered one, they wont be on showroom floors until atleast middle of March.. Mine will come complete with an extra set of 17" Excel wheels and street bike tires, this is going to be one mean monster, dealer is getting it legal for the road for me. I also started a website with forums, specs, photos etc. I hope to sell some acessories there too eventually.

The address is klx450r.net please stop by and sign up for the forums if you plan to get a KLX or have a KX or are just interested in the bikes.

Were covering both the KLX450r and the KX450f, since they are so similar I figure many will want info on swapping parts for weight/performance/reliability gains

450R Pilot

Mar 21, 2007
I too have a "street legal" KLX450R on order. I spoke with the dealer last week and the bikes will hit BC Canada the first week of April and Ontario should see them a week or two after. ;)

Top Bottom