megaliw

Jul 3, 2008
Does anyone know if I can make the stock handlebars on my 2008 kx100 taller without getting new handlebars? If not does anyone know of what kind of handlebars I can get?

I am almost 21 years old, I weigh almost 125 pounds and I'm 5'5. I love my KX100. I did have a DRZ125L for like two months and then traded it in because I wanted a motocross bike to ride. I've had my KX100 since the beginning of May. I finally got the nerve to ride my dads ktm125sx and realized that the bike was more comfortable to ride than mine besides from the seat. My bike is only a couple of inches shorter than my dads but the handlebars feel taller and make the bike more comfortable to ride. I have notice by watching the videotapes my mom has made of me riding that when I stand up on my bike it looks like I have to lean down and can't stand straight up, so I'm thinking if I can make my handlebars taller it would make my ride more comfortable. I have no other problems controlling the bike and I love it, it's a blast to ride. I think though that I may need to adjust the suspension on the front as I think it's a little too soft and I'm practically bottoming out. What does someone think? I need help. I don't know much about dirt bikes yet but I know I love ridin one. Please let me know.

Thank you,
Meg

jim f.

Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 2, 2005
I have brought the bars up and forward using two BMX stems and a piece of a bicycle steerer tube. Do you have the money to buy them? P.S. you also nee a piece of 7/8 handlebar.

megaliw

Jul 3, 2008
okay this may sound dumb, what are bmx stems and a bicycle steerer tube and why do I need a piece of 7/8 handlebar?

Top Bottom