2008, the year of mud. (Enduro and Dual-sport thread)

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Went to matthews Indiana this weekend for the Saturday FES and the Sunday Dual Sport. WOW! It rained for 2.5 hours before the Family Enduro and of the 90+ riders they had only about 15 finished, many houred out at the second check on the 12 MPH loop. All but a hand ful went out for the second loop.

After the event was finished it started raining again off and on all night...we were disappointed but in the morning the sun was shining so off we went any way.....
Sunday the dual sport was better, but still really tough-rode about 60 miles and there were some challenging sections for sure-the "A" sections at the end were really tight. That weekend whooped me out. :nod:

We will be washing bikes for ever tomorrow night.

Just seems like almost every event this year has been a mudfest lately, I know Jack pine won't because it's sandy but we could have slippery logs!

I sure hope the rest of the season isn't so muddy, I m kinda getting sick of mud riding.

bruno670

Sep 13, 2006
Well here are the pics of our bikes after 10 miles!!

Marquette-Matthews040.jpg
[/IMG]

Marquette-Matthews041.jpg
[/IMG]

Marquette-Matthews042.jpg
[/IMG]

Marquette-Matthews043.jpg
[/IMG]

Marquette-Matthews044.jpg

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Mud Races

HEY FREDDY,
It's not like anyone forced you to go, It was your choice pal. :coocoo: You should have been at Jackpine where it was nice and DRY :nener:

Dave L.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I understand WILDMAN has been in the woods of Missaukee County (Jack Pine) leaving notes along the trail. I am sure we will see them when we finish the mileaging this weekend.

Not much the Muddobbers could do this weekend. They stage the event next to a river and it rained a lot before the event. They tried to have the event earlier this year (compared to last year) with the idea that more kids would participate since they were on break from school. By advancing the date they lost access to some of their trail as the crops are still in the fields and the farmers need every last plant to survive this year.

We did assure everyone that the sand of Michigan could soak up a lot of water compared to the clay in Indiana. See everyone in two weeks.

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Jackpine

MIKE,
Arrowing and mileage is done up to Stratford village, We had a great crew on Sat. and got alot done. :cool: THANKS to everyone for all their help!!!!!

DAVE L.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
D.LEATHERS said:
HEY FREDDY,
It's not like anyone forced you to go, It was your choice pal. :coocoo: You should have been at Jackpine where it was nice and DRY :nener:

Dave L.

I rode with my daughter Saturday and helped pick up her bike 400 times. It was a good thing I was with her. She houred out at the second check on the 12 MPH loop and still got 2nd in her class, Megan Cousinaw made it to the second check well with in her hour and won the class. No one knew what they were in for Saturday. I had to keep pulling mud rom Erin's front wheel so that it would roll or it acted like the front brake was locked p-that cost us a lot of time ad made it nearly impossible for her to keep the bike moving. damn Yamahas! :laugh:

Tough events make you stronger! They just ain't much fun at the time. She sucked it up and went the WHOLE WAY to the gas stop-most quit before that-for that I am proud of her.

You're right dave we could have just turned around and come home, but we were there.

whitebear

Sep 17, 2007
I have to say that MD was challenging...Alex and Talon were the only two kids to finish the short course without houring out and that sure is impressive for 8 year olds!! It seems like I picked up his bike a 100 times as well. It took me 4 hrs to clean two bikes...just so I could see what the damage was. We had a great time, and it just goes to show-mother nature can turn things up side down in a hurry!

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
That race was Muddy. I am glad I felt like protesting and chose not to race. I ended up working the first check with F&S. I had more fun than my competitors in the womans class. Every woman that came through the check looked worst than I felt at the Harrison race and I felt for them. And that check was only three miles in. I was amazed at Malory Lahone for completing 4 checks. She did better than the older women. Bonus woman points for her.

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
OK as long as this is the year of the MUD and I am sure there will be more. I'm putting my money on Goshen for the FES to be muddy. So PLEASE, for those of you that are experienced riders, please fell free to give advice to us who are inexperienced at mud. I am listening.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I think it was the Jack Pine training that prepared Talen and Alex for the Muddobbers. They conquered the virgin trail and the mud in a 10 day period.

Top Bottom