tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
LMC just received news that the Jack Pine Enduro DOES NOT require bikes to be plated
All you need is an ORV sticker, spark arrestor, and meet 94db sound testing. Note: Flyer has NOT been updated to reflect this change in requirements

In reflection of Michigan's new ORV laws, allowing ORV's to use shoulder of county roadways,as long as vehicle has an ORV permit, The Lansing Motorcycle Club is proud to announce that the 2009 Jack Pine Enduro will this year be a non license plated event.

Any participant need only a Michigan ORV permit and Spark arrestor to participate in this years Jack Pine Enduro held July 26, 2009

This is a D14/D15 points paying event.
For anyone that ever wanted to try an Enduro without having to plate their bike this is a great opportunity!
NO HEADLIGHT OR TAIL LIGHT OR LICENSE PLATE NEEDED!

Please help spread the word to all motorcycle enthusiasts

Thomas Dunn
AMA D14
Enduro Chairman

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Since we plan to have some riders from other states at this event I think we need to clarify.....if they bike has a license plate for road use, an ORV sticker is not required. We had some confusion at an earlier event. We will still tell all riders to obey the 25 mph ORV speed limit on the roads.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
fatherandson said:
Since we plan to have some riders from other states at this event I think we need to clarify.....if they bike has a license plate for road use, an ORV sticker is not required. We had some confusion at an earlier event. We will still tell all riders to obey the 25 mph ORV speed limit on the roads.

Yeah, I had a couple hot rods go flying by me at the last enduro on the road and I gave them the "slow down" sign and they did right away. I hope that we never got any bad rep at the last race because I know they are watching this and wouldn't be surprised if some nay sayers are video taping speeders so we godda behave. Long resets/pauses help keep the speeds down.

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
Fred T said:
Yeah, I had a couple hot rods go flying by me at the last enduro on the road

... my experience from R19 was the opposite. In the numbers around me folks were going slow and staying off the throttle.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Thats good to hear, Scott what happened to you I saw you with another gy off the trail near the end of section 4 or 5.

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
I managed to get tangled in Barbed wire in section #5. Ended up having to take the front brake caliper off to dislodge the wire. One of those rare times when carrying no tools - bites yah. Had a blast riding with Lipovsky and Norlan, but would have loved to have finished.

bterp67

Apr 5, 2007
Riding the shoulder of the road may be the ordinance, but at Rose City, the riders ahead of me were creating allot of dust by riding the shoulder, even at 25mph and less. The wind was blowing it across the road and it made visibilty hard for the cars to pass us safely at times. I would hate to see the locals complain about that, even though we were all legal.

It's good to see the "no lic plate" for jack pine. Hopefully it will bring more entries and keep our sport alive.

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
Motorcycles that are street legal and lisenced,do not need to have a Michigan ORV permit.
Only non-lisenced bike need permit to compete in event.
ORV permits can be obtained by

To purchase an ORV license by mail, write to:
Michigan Department of Natural Resources
Office of Lands and Facilities
Customer Systems
P.O. Box 30181
Lansing, MI 48909

ORV licenses are available from the DNR at DNR Operations Service Centers, over the Internet at
http://www.mdnr-elicense.com,
or through participating ORV dealers, and through participating hunting and fishing license agents.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
nickolino said:
:cool: Cool that means 1 more Zambon on the start line for JP

I'll cook more chicken!

Top Bottom