PoeBrian

Oct 10, 2002
Thought this was important to get out there from ktmtalk thread!

Anyone going?

(From Ktmtalk thread)
Any word on what the conditions are like for the enduro?

I know last year the trails were very sloppy especially for the late numbers.
I had a rider tell me last night that the ground in that area is as wet, if not wetter, then last year. Any info on this?

--------------------

www.funmartcycle.net
www.ridemtra.com
www.wfopromotions.com

FourStroke Posted: Apr 8 2009, 09:03 PM

Berm Banger

N.W., IN
Member No.: 1042

Layton,

The trails are great. The ground in this area is mostly sand so it drains very well. That's why we call it the Sand Goblin Enduro. We have the usual ditch crossings and usual couple of mud holes but even the bean field for the grass track has dried up nicely.

The coarse is 65 miles on 2 loops with gas back at the pits. The coarse is almost all new trail with one new property and one property lost.

Below is an important note from a club member that had to set through a county board meeting to get our road use permit.

"The Grand Kankakee Trail Riders event for April 19th is asking ALL spectators and support crews to please do not park on roads or tie up traffic on any of the roads. We had a little bit of a hard time with our road use permit this year and have been warned that any kind of trouble on the roads the permit will not be issued again. This is not just for the April race but will affect the Summer Bummer Enduro as well. We will have special free territory flags so riders will be able to reset at all the resets and just ride down the roads at the posted speed, turn off the roads without the worries of a check. This is to keep even the riders off the roads. PLEASE lets all work together to keep this and future events alive in this area."

Please heed this warning or it could be the end of two good enduros.

This post has been edited by FourStroke on Apr 8 2009, 09:13 PM

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
From the GKTR website: http://www.gktrailriders.com/raceupdates.html

"Worked all weekend 4-4&5-09 on the race. was dusty yesterday. and dry till about 2:30 today. but boy has it been raining tonight and now it is snowing????? today would have worked for the race as long as you got done before 3pm

Anyway it is looking good with just 1 wet spot at this time but we can cut it out if we have to. it is looking like about a 65mile 2 loop gas at start event with hardly any old trail. We have lost a section this year but what we have is still good and we worked hard to get a good fun event out of what we have. no house this year and the corn crib that one of the land owners wanted us to use we just can't get a bike through, to bad though cause it would have help the stock of fmf and ims pegs out.So there will be no surprises with fun stuff. The grass track is corn this year and not disked so it is firm and will be run. We have a very good layout to it. Everone can start practicing by putting the ball bat on the ground and spinning around it, stop and repeat in other direction.

Family enduro will be all used trail this year with alot of the sticks and logs removed. looking at about a 12.5 mile loop. at this time we are looking at running it twice. First loop at 12mph and the second at 18mph."

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
from www.midwestenduros.com/

"The club has also requested that ALL bikes have headlights and taillights mounted. They do not want to see flashlights, bicycle lights, small number plate lights etc. This is to insure that all bikes appear to be "legal" and to insure no problems on the roads. Please comply with this request so we can continue to have enduros in this area, we can't afford to lose anymore enduros."

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
salgeek said:
from www.midwestenduros.com/

"The club has also requested that ALL bikes have headlights and taillights mounted. They do not want to see flashlights, bicycle lights, small number plate lights etc. This is to insure that all bikes appear to be "legal" and to insure no problems on the roads. Please comply with this request so we can continue to have enduros in this area, we can't afford to lose anymore enduros."

Are you listening "weight weenie" DW??

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Fred T said:
Are you listening "weight weenie" DW??
:blah: :blah: :blah: I do have a light and its not a bicycle either. Why worry about me? Don't you have another worthless protective guard to install on your heap...

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Wolverine423 said:
:blah: :blah: :blah: I do have a light and its not a bicycle either. Why worry about me? Don't you have another worthless protective guard to install on your heap...

All I can reply to that is OUCH!!!! :yikes:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Wolverine423 said:

My 200 probably weighs less than yours. My 250 has enough HP to pull me and anything I can attach to it. :nod:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
You must have hit your damn head on your tailgate.

BTW I'll be you lunch at the Chase smoke house that I'll beat your 250 in a drag race with my 200....Wanta bet?...

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Wolverine423 said:

BTW I'll be you lunch at the Chase smoke house that I'll beat your 250 in a drag race with my 200....Wanta bet?...

I'll take that bet & raise ya 20!!! I also volunteer to drop the flag. Can you say power to WEIGHT ratio. :bang:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Wolverine423 said:

Well first of all I can't ride and second of all are you sure you didn't hit your head? Man I have not heard that kind of challenge since I was like 13 years old. "I bet my bike is faster than yours...bla, bla bla." Maybe I should let Cody ride my 2 fiddy. :nod: But some how even I think my 200 is faster from 0-45 than my 250. They rip.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
D.LEATHERS said:
I'll take that bet & raise ya 20!!! I also volunteer to drop the flag. Can you say power to WEIGHT ratio. :bang:

Dave
I have vowed to remain cordial to you.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Who pays for the protest teardown to check to make sure DW is really on a 200? :yikes:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Don Marsh said:
Who pays for the protest teardown to check to make sure DW is really on a 200? :yikes:

DW has had Josh breath all over that thing like a pulled over drunk after a Greatful Dead concert.

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Fred T said:
Dave
I have vowed to remain cordial to you.

Wounded man = Truce. Sorry Freddy old habits die hard. I don't want to be pinned as azzole#3 I promise to be kind from now on :nod: I hope you can ride soon :ride:

Dave L.

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
No tear down needed ... "small number plate light" = DQ

... I'll be running Nascar inspired headlight/taillight stickers. :laugh:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
salgeek said:
No tear down needed ... "small number plate light" = DQ
I see your Bipolar is starting to kick in....You don't need to concern yourself with me, so just move on.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Fred T said:
DW has had Josh breath all over that thing like a pulled over drunk after a Greatful Dead concert.
:rotfl: Too-shay :cool:

PS. Was going to call ya about our ride tomorrow but you arn't getting on the bike yet eh?

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
FlyinRyan said:
small number plate light = aimed right for DW:)
lol, ya I got a chuckle when I read that on your website - Ole bird dog Conners will be disappointed this year as I'm legal begal this season :cool: Don't ask me why....

You going Roselawn or qualifier?...

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
No lights for me... sign up on one bike ride another. Never thought it would be so easy to fish for AA's - apparently I'm not alone. Narcissism is oddly unpredictable.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
FlyinRyan said:
Don't worry the club didn't put that, I added that just to mess with you, made me laugh anyway.
Ya I figured that to be an inside job ;) Looking forward to seeing all you guys this weekend. Tell Scott H. beer & gravy are his friends...

Top Bottom