Racer#213

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 14, 2002
I'm seriously looking into a ktm 200exc because i race hare scrambles, and would like to get into some enduros. But i also like to hit up the track. How does the 200exc fare up on the mx track? can it take decent sized hits with some room for error? I don't want something were if i don't land it perfectly it's gonna hurt. So basically how would the suspension handle on an mx track for some one about 140-150 lbs?

sweetjeep

Sep 16, 2003
I raced my 200 EXC against 250 MX bikes quite succesfully. My biggest hold back was the suspension. But I also weigh in around 175lbs. I never did any kind of damage, but the soft suspension slowed me down in a lot of situations. Run it and see how it treats ya.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I think angry jim raced his '03 200 e/xc in the Vet Novice class a few times and did OK, even got a win or two. Jim is a very good rider ('A' cross country) but I don't think he was getting good starts against all the 450f's in his class.

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
Good call Dave.
I had trouble on the starts against the 4 strokes, BUT I was running my taller cross country gearing. Plus, I'm not a really good starter anyway.

As far as suspension, I thought my 03' 200 was good for moto stock, but I had to make mine a little more forgiving for off road. I put tons of laps on the practice track with the 200 and really like it. Overall it's a versatile bike. Great motor!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I like mine on the track but I'm not large, fast, skilled or aggressive so I don't know if my opinion means much.

Top Bottom