220R gone to pastures new, many thanks for the help guys

COMBEN

Nov 7, 1999
Just a quick thanks to the many guys who helped me over the years with my KDX's on this website.

This has certainly been the best web forum I have ever had the pleasure of using, great useful, concise advice, some very very witty posters with a wicked sense of humour, and a great wind down after a hard days graft! :cool:

Just found out from the girlfriend that of all the bikes my 8 and 12 year old 'surrogate' kids see at the races they like the KDX's best of all, I didn't know this until last night? They are gonna be a little upset to see that the 'mean green' 220R won't be with us anymore...they love the bright green and the 'old skool' hard as nails looks and the right way up front forks, strange what kids like?

For anyone looking to sell an off-road bike in the UK, don't bother with TMX (Trials and Motorcross news) in 3 weeks and £55 I had one text from a messor, I placed an ad' on the 'BikeTrader Digital' (I use the CarTrader Digita' for my car sales) last Monday and I have had 8 calls already, and for £15.99 for 2 weeks and huge advert 1000 letter with 6 photos.

The guy whom bought her had a KDX200 in the ninties, gave up racing, bought a 200 mile (04?) KTM 400EXC, hated it and wanted another KDX, a 220 this time 'round, I have him told about this site so Andrew may join you guys...she has gone to a good home.

You know, I have had hundreds of cars and countless bikes but I was gutted to see that 220R go, she nursed me back into riding again after a big accident and 6 years off of the riding, flattered by ability, just didn't miss a beat and I always knew I would finish a race with her :( . In a twist of fate, we raced at a local 'beaten to death', real hard MX track on Tuesday that the British schoolboy champs use for stamina and fitness and I swopped bikes with a 04 KTM525... and you know what, the KTM rider really liked that KDX and she had a far better front end that didn't wash out on the sandy/hardpack terrain, yes surprised us both :whoa:

Good luck guys, now I gota kiss hundreads of frogs until I get a princess of a bike, Gasser-200 or, and this is big or, WR-250 with 'electric foot'.....of course if there was a updated KDX-220 out there :blah: I would still be green :bang:

Top Bottom