GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
This just in from a friend who recently competed in a 24 hour GP :

For 24 hour races, my best advice is to keep the bike moving as much as possible. We had quite a few rider changes and all the time riding down pit road took a lot of time. Ride as many laps as you can stand before making rider changes. Have plenty of spare parts that are easily broken. Plan your pit stops, who will be doing what and the rider changes. GET THE BEST LIGHTING THAT YOU CAN AFFORD! Is the biggest help for riding at night. The Nite-Rider helmet lights were a huge help.

4EverOrange

~SPONSOR~
Mar 9, 2003
GET THE BEST LIGHTING THAT YOU CAN AFFORD!

My Dad has designed a light system that connects to your lighting coil, and the light mounts to your helmet. It's a pretty slick design. He has enough material to put together 6 prototypes. If he gets enough interest he is planning on taking out a small business loan to start selling these things. Helmet Light Here is the link.

My husband had already taken dibs on 3, so I will have the other 3 to use on the team I am on. It's easy to switch lights in between riders, so 3 per team should be plenty.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by jennifer
You guys can't do this race bacause November 8/9 we will all be in Elsinore for the Elsinore GP!!! ;)

Pierre

Pierre, how come you always intercept my emails to jennifer??? :)  

I forgot about the Elsinore thingy :silly: I suppose I won't be able to entice Firelilly now either :(  

This 24 hour GP is going to be much more fun, I can just tell.  The Elsinore thing is for Sissy LaLa's! :debil:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I am officially COMMITTED!  I'm flying up to Portland the Friday before the race and borrowing a bike!  YAY! a 1.5 hour flight sounds much more appealing than a 12-13 hour drive would have been.  4EO is going to pick me up at the Portland Airport - thanks Leanne

We still need a 6th team member - anyone up for the challenge?

Top Bottom