250 EXC gas tank not dispursing evenly?

Speedway

Jan 23, 2002
I wonder if the KTM folks can help. I have a 250 EXC, 2002 model. After each ride I drain the gas tank, but I am having to lean the bike completely over on its left side to get the gas in the right side to drain. I also ran out of gas on reserve and there was gas in the right side and not the left. Is this a design flaw, or is the tank installed incorrectly?
Thanks in advance
Michael

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I've got the same thing on my '02 EXC. What makes the KTM different is that you can see the gas there. All the bikes in our stable - a WR400, YZ250, XR200, XR100, YZ 80 - all do the same thing - leave a little gas on the right side. It's just you can't see it on these bikes. I do think it's a little harder than others to tip the bike and sling the gas over with the KTM.

OrangeCrush

Feb 25, 2002
Cast another vote

I drained the tank on my 300 exc as soon as I got it home from the dealer.. I noticed the same thing, can't drain all the gas...........

I leaned the bike almost all the way over to the ground and still could not get the gas from the right side of the tank to flow to the left side.

Well so I conducted a small and tiring experiment he he he....

I closed the petcock and put my hands on the bars and proceeded to shake and compress the front end as if riding the bike over massive woops. I got tired pretty quick HE HE, but it worked the gas from the right side splashed over to the LOWER left side of the tank. My girl was watching this fiasco and all I could say to her is I guess I'm going to have to ride this bike pretty hard in order to utilize all the gas in the tank HE HE HE :p

So plan on shakin that baby to get 98 1/2 % gas usage..............:confused:

Ride it like you stole it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom