Josh125

Nov 8, 2006
Hello, Dose any one know if I would have problems running 250 forks on my RM 125? I followed my CLYMER repair book and tried to replace the fork seals but I could not get them apart. I didn’t know if I was doing something wrong so I brought the forks to a motorcycle shop. The next day they call saying the seals can not be replaced because of the Hex bolts at the bottom of the forks are striped...So I started looking for new forks but all I could find were RM 250 forks of the same year. I wanted to know if you guys think it’s a bad idea? Thanks

Canmx120

Mar 25, 2006
Can't you just tap the bolts and replace them?
I got a set of 2005 kx250f forks for my 2003 kx125 off e-bay for $75 and $65 shipping, pretty damn cheap. The best way I found to check fit is make sure the tubes are the same diameter, I went to a few triple clamp sites(tag, pro taper, rg3) and cross referenced part numbers on clamps. Both bikes used the same clamps so I assumed they'd fit(havn't gotten them yet). And if they dont, for $130 I've got a set of forks that retail over $2000, I'll just put them in the local classifieds for $250 and make my money back.

Top Bottom