iamdawalru5

Apr 26, 2006
250 2t or xr400

Theres an abundant supply of xr250's and 400's around here, and as you probably know ones cheaper than the other. Is $500-$800 more worth it for the 400? The 250 is lighter, cheaper, probably burns less gas, but is it as upgradeable as the 400? I can only find accelerator pump carburetors for the 400's. I'm not a racer and I stick by the idea that I never will. I strictly ride technical woods, fire roads, cross country whatever with friends. Does the 250 have all the power I need? I'm coming off a 250 2 stroke so its hard to decide. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

iamdawalru5

Apr 26, 2006
Since you mentioned it, 250 2 strokes are popping up everywhere for really good prices. I have my eye on a kx250 at the moment. Someone steer me one way or the other, reliable espensive heavier/more sluggish 4 stroke or high maint. scented ripping 2 stroke? I seriously don't know which way to go... :blah:

iamdawalru5

Apr 26, 2006
I blew the rings and the piston went with it, and I cant find parts so I'm selling it out. I really am considering the 2 stroke because I am getting a very good deal. Its going to be different then my last one though, I had that one for a year and never fouled a plug on it, only had to change it because the one I bought it with was really old.

EDIT::::

Guess I am going with the KX250. Probably pick it up in a week or so. Hopefully I can handle it in the woods like I could my old one. Funny how you go from wanting one thing and get the exact opposite eh? :ride:

Last edited:

Top Bottom