Big Worm

Mar 2, 2007
I'm not a new rider by any means but I am new to the tracks. I just started taking a interest in track days\racing and I currently am riding a RM250. I like my bike alot but with the sketchy powerband of the two strokes i tend to be hanging on most of the time. I've ridden a few buddies 450's and love the smooth response of the throttle but the question remains if I really need the power of the 450 for the track? Would a 250 4stroke be a better bike for me to ride the tracks on? I am 6'1", 230lbs and when I ask this question to any of my friends there response is go for the 450. But if I eventually start racing at the local tracks and am on a 450 I'm sure I'd have to be in the higher class with the faster guys.

So should I get a 250f to start out with then move up to the 450f?

Or go all out and snag the 450?

ih8opec

Apr 3, 2007
from someone who just bought an 06' rmz 450 I say go for the 450 you may get bored with the 250 quickly? plus it will take some getting used to and you'll have extra power when you need it!!just my .02

450X

Test It!!!
Mar 25, 2007
same here go for the 450 that way you wont grow out of it or get bored in a year. plus at most races there is a beginner, intermediate, and pro class for both 125 and 250cc classes, so just enter in the one you feel you can be competitive in. :ride:

Top Bottom