Aug 25, 2008
i got a rm 250 2 stroker and had for about a 1yr and had some carb problems but fixed and take too the dessert and foul a plug or two everyone tells me get a 250f four stroke its better but i like the 250 2t power what should i get
what bike do you have ?
and question how diffrence is 250f 250 2t power wise in top bottom mid cuase i ridden fours stokes but not 250fs what sould i trade my 250 for a 250f ?

and im worried the four stoke will not have enough power

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
You won't be able to sit for a month after you get done kicking yourself in the arse for doing that.

The 250f will feel very flat in the dessert. Most likely you will end up on the rev limiter, in sandy conditions, on a bike the feels slower than what your on now. You'll be doing alot of maintenance.

Don't get me wrong, the 250f has it's strenghts. It's not made for the desert, or to keep up with a 250 2t in drag race. They are easier to ride than a 2t, smoother. Mine is almost electric-like in delivery. In the trails and on the track this bike suits me MUCH better than the 02 RM250 I had before it. The RM was FAST. I am NOT FAST. Well, unless we're drag racing in the open. Which is why I made the switch. I ride with the guy I sold the RM to and I shed a tear every time we come out of a corner (he's usually behind me) and into a straightaway and he rips past me with front wheel off the ground in fifth gear. This is usually followed by some degree of loss of control and quite often results in some personal injury. We both suck at riding, and I crash ALOT less on 250f than did on the RM.

Lol, I'll shut up now. I say get a newer 2t, have you considered a KTM300? The problems you have with your bike are mechanical and fixable, not traits of a proper running 2 stroke.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
anthony96rm250 said:
your right ill try to get the ratio right if i can if not look for a crf250r thats fast too
Run whatever premix the manual says. A leak-down test will eliminate mechanical issues. Spend a few bucks and a Sunday on jetting once the motor is known good and I'm sure you'll be surprised with the outcome. Have you checked the reeds lately?

jake760

Jun 1, 2008
Proper jetting does make all the difference, easiest way to unlock horsepower. I've always used 32:1, and it works well for a lot of people. If you have any doubts on the condition of the reeds, V-force 3 reeds are a great investment.

Top Bottom