Simmo

Mar 18, 2001
Hey hey, My 250f is idling all over the place. Sometimes it idles high, and a blip of the throttle normally settles the idle back down to normal.

Anyone experiencing anything similar?
Or maybe you know why this is happening?

Cheers
Simmo

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Sounds like a lean condition to me. click on this for an excellent jetting article. www.lifenet.com/brm/carbkei.htm Read the fuel screw paragraph and then try adjusting your fuel screw.Make sure you note where the factory set your fuel screw. Each carb is flowed by the factory and the settings can be different from one to another.

[This message has been edited by steve125 (edited 03-25-2001).]

Simmo

Mar 18, 2001
That article is quite informative and useful, thanks. It sometimes 'hunts' at idle so I think the lean condition a sure bet. No nothing seams to be sticking, I checked all that 1st.

Cheers
Simmo

vern#19

Apr 23, 2000
Mine does the same, I have tried the fuel srew in and out and on my first bike it made a big difference I liked it around 2.00-- 1.75 depending on air temp and was happy. BUTT the one thing that can happen on these carbs is the air inlets can plug with air filter oil or dirt VERY easly ( hence the flap in the air boot) I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN?
When ajusting the air screw between those areas does not work the carb is more then likely dirty P.S. My freinds have came that way.

Simmo

Mar 18, 2001
I have wound thee ffuel srew out a turn, its better but still not right??????

maybe it needs jetting work????

------------------

TriPower

Apr 3, 2001
My brand new, never ridden YZ250F has been doing the same thing in my driveway during break-in runs. It runs like a V8 with a radical cam at idle. Do other 250f's idle super smoothly, or are they a little rough?

------------------

Top Bottom