29 year old roadracer need starter crosser.

pritch555

Mar 6, 2007
Hello all you dirt eaters .
1) (height and weight) 5 11" 65/70 kg
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? Moderate to Aggressive
3) what do you plan to ride? Woods and motox
4) Do you have any riding experience? Yes 10years road 2years of that ACU roadracing my R6. i have a dog of a 1991 CRM250 i ride in woods were i live. ok, but its high geared soft springs with spanked tyres. not a lot offroad exp at all
5) Do you think you will race ? yes, Hare scrambles .
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? I will
7) Do YOU have a preference to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke) no. 2 or 4 . only thing is... are the 4 strokes ok to work on/ relyable? do they kick up hot?
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use ? no
9) How much do you plan to spend on a bike? under £2000
10) anything else that you think would help form an opinion. need to get into a cheeper sport as wife/ kids on way, . I`m full of spirit if no off road talent. not scared of a bit of pain now an then, but no sadist. (had a go on my mates old CR500 and new KTM 450 SX 4 pot in a boggy woods a larf if not dishartening for my lack skill was for all to see. but putting it down to that these are not the bikes for me...... yet )

Jan 3, 2007
There is a bike called a Kawasaki KDX220 or 200. These bikes are good for begginers and trail riders. If you dont like those then a 250 MXer 2 stroke with a flywheel weight and large tank and you are set.

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
2 strokes for life said:
There is a bike called a Kawasaki KDX220 or 200. These bikes are good for begginers and trail riders. If you dont like those then a 250 MXer 2 stroke with a flywheel weight and large tank and you are set.

i agree with your suggestions. im not sure how many pounds 65/70 kg is or how many USD's 2000 euros is, but i know that a KDX200 is cheaper than a 250 2T here in the US, and its probably the same there. if you get a 250 2T, a KX250 has been renowned for being an excellent HS bike and its easier to ride than most, but that doesnt mean its not as fast ;) . either a KX250 or KDX200/220( the 220 version is barely different, but its supposed to have slightly more low-end, and thats about it). the KDX220's are also more rare than KDX200's, so it might be harder to find a used one.

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
I suggest getting a 250 cc 2 stroke MX bike. An MX bike can be easily riden in the trails, but a trail bike is not terribly competent on an MX track.

A 2 year old 2 stroke MX bike can be found for about 1/3 the cost of a new MX bike. Just pick your favorite color, buy the newest bike possible within your budget.

Good luck, Steve.

Top Bottom