fastball_91

May 28, 2007
Hi, I live in ND and this will be my 2nd bike. I rode very little last summer due to other sports and activities but I need a fairly cheap bike quick. I had an 04 yz85 that i loved last year and the power was just fine for me. Of course at first I was pretty timid on it but the power was just right later on. I'm not worried about lacking power because I feel that many people have bikes that they will never use to the bikes full potential. I hear about guys talking that their new 4-stroke is way easier to ride than the 2. What does everybody think as far as ease of power? The snap of my yz was fun but it did get me when i didn't want it sometimes. I also like a quieter bike or would be interested in exhaust to do just that. Any help would be great. Thanks, Nick
1) your physical size -5'9 164lbs
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? fairly aggressive but not crazy
3) what do you plan to ride- woods, harescrambles, possible motocross in the future
4) Do you have any riding experience? yes, I can handle a bike alright.
5) Do you think you will race ? little.
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? for the most part yes
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? liking the price of the 2, like the ride of the 4, afraid of the 4's mechanical issues being complicated
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) yes, all available.
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? $2000 preferably less
10) Do you live in California? no
11) Your age? 16

fastball_91

May 28, 2007
thanks for the response..is the 250 2 stroker gonna kick my you know what? I love the feel and size of them on the floor but I have never ridden one only 125's.. is there a big difference in feel?

Jan 3, 2007
fastball_91, as long as you are not too aggresive off the start a 250 can be easyer to handle then a 125. A 125 makes almost all of its power in the top end where as a 250 makes power every were.

Top Bottom