2nd Job, Work at Home, Odd Jobs

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
I am looking for some supplemental income to get caught up on a couple of bills. I travel way too much for job #1 to get any type of normal second job. Has anyone ever tried any of the "work at home" dealio's like stuffing envelopes, filling out forms for companies etc. Looking for any other fresh idea's that would allow me to basically set my own schedule.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
Stuffing envelopes are nothing but "Get rich quick" schemes. I've tried a couple off different ones. All I got was a giant loss of money and time. If you can find a stuffing envelope company that sends you the forms, the envelopes, etc and all you have to do is literally stuff then that is most likely not a scam. But most of them are not like that. The couple that I did required advertising to be done on work at home forums and it never worked out for me.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
In the backwoods wisdom of Red Green "If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

So, what are you handy at?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
How are ya' a toatin' Gatoraid, making a sammich and polishin' a bike? ;)

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
I heard you can plant tulips for $8/hr. :laugh:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Eddie - I was kinda considering the same... only thing I could come up with is maybe waitressing or something on the weekends during the winter. Or working at a mall or some store during the Christmas rush. Nothing too glamorous thats for sure. Sucks to give up weekends though. I would like to hear more "at home" ideas if anyone has any.

One thing I did a lot of last year that I missed out on this year is do local race reports/photos. It would make me a couple of bucks and sometimes help cover race/gate fees in trade for writing a story.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
Originally posted by Patman
How are ya' a toatin' Gatoraid, making a sammich and polishin' a bike? ;)
That depends, is there a special outfit I would have to wear?

I'm not looking for get rich quick schemes, searching around the internet it appears that's all there is. It seem as though selling a 'work at home' scheme IS the work at home job :)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Originally posted by MrLuckey
It seem as though selling a 'work at home' scheme IS the work at home job :)
well there you go then!

There's also that goofy bass turd on the TV who says "the gub'mint will pay you to do blah blah blah blah!!!!" He sells a book . . . :confused:

Or maybe you could be a phone sex operator . . . :eek:

Last edited:

whyzee

Never enough time !
you know how to work a paint brush?
I have a friend that drives around on the weekends and paints front doors, shutters, touch up.... puts about $300 cash in his pocket every weekend. He does very well during the week working for SAS. Just an idea.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
Medical transcription. Of course it requires a certificate and 6 months of training (which you can do at home with the proper equipment). It's not an immediate job, however, once you have your certificate you become quite valuable. Jobs for medical transcription are all over the place and they pay very well. Not only that you can dictate how many hours you want to work and when you want to work. Again, it's probably not a great idea if you're looking for something right now, but something to consider for the future. ;)

mrmodine

Lifetime Sponsor
Have you considered male prostitution? Great money in it and as the great Velvet Jones once said..."You never have to leave the comfort of your own bedroom!" A good ho can make over $400 a week!!

Sure, most of your clientele may be males...but hey, it pays for the riding eh??

Timr

Lifetime Sponsor
Originally posted by nikki

One thing I did a lot of last year that I missed out on this year is do local race reports/photos. It would make me a couple of bucks and sometimes help cover race/gate fees in trade for writing a story.
I did that until Cycle New stiffed me and never sent me a check for the articles and photos.:p