dirtbikr99

Nov 21, 2002
My car was stolen for the second time. This time i was in new haven ct. My brother left the key in the car. My wallet was in the car which sucks. But evenworse they cracked the oil pan and broke the starter. It is a 96 ford tarus wagon, we have had it since new and it does everything from pulling a boat to pulling a trailor for my bike. My dad says junk it, i wish i was home and had some time so i could just change the starter and fix the oil pan leak. The worst part, I no longer have a way to pull my trailor so i can get to the track. I was thinking about getting a 4 cylender truck so i can get good gas mileages and not have to use a trailor. what vehical would be the cheapest way to get to the track? Also I wish I could take the car home and use the parts to build some kind off off road vehical with the motor and parts and such. It would be a fun project. Parents just dont want it in the yard or garage. I cant wait to have my own garage. Theres no real point to this post i just needed to vent.

Is there any value to a 96 ford taurs wagon with a broken starter and oil pan with 130 000 miles? maybe a junk yard?
the towing compainy said they will junk it for free

need some advise not a new used veihcal for transpoting my bike to the track? does a 4 cylender truck get alot better gas milage then a 6?

Crzyfrlss1

Apr 5, 2006
I say fix it, I'm a mechanic. A starter and oil pan is a real easy job to do. Shouldn't take more than a 2 hrs. by a competent repair shop.

By nature ANY truck will get worse gas mileage than a car. And the car has more interior room for safekeeping of riding gear, groceries, etc.

And don't let your bro' drive the car anymore :coocoo:

dirtbikr99

Nov 21, 2002
yea i want to just fix it but its not running perfect anyway it has an exuast leak, i just started hearing brake noise but i just changed front and back pads, and it needs new tires. The major problem though is that i live 30 minutes away fromwhere the garage is so i have no way to tow it to my house. It would be difficult to change the starter with out my tools and no where to work in it. I called a junk yard they said they would come pick it up and pay me 85 bucks. I might just do that go to the bar and drink to wagon and sell one of my dirtbikes and buy a cheap car. The car is so cool lookin tho i painted flames on the quarter pannels andsome custom paint on the hood. i should put a pic up.

joshholmes20

May 3, 2006
Joe Hauler

I know this isn't real relevant to your situation, but I thought I would share my insight. I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee and have been looking for a cheap affordable way to haul a dirt bike. I found a guy who had a Joe Hauler single motorcycle carrier that will fit into any 2" receiver type hitch. I picked it up from him for $100 and it included the aluminum ramp. New they retail for about $400, but if you could find one used on say screw-bay, you might have yourself a nice setup if you can find a cheap car with a hitch. When I have the Joe Hauler on my Jeep, I make the exact same mpg as when it's not on. They are also very very easy to load and ride very sturdy. I was also thining of making one, and if you are much of a metal worker with a little bit of welding experience you could do it pretty cheap and easy. Check out their website. Just google Joe Hauler. Good luck finding a new ride.

Top Bottom