2strokes to be phased out in 5 years!!

ballistic

Jan 13, 2001
The Sept. issue MotoCross Action pg.32 has a good article on this issue. The writer makes compelling arguments for reasons why 2smokes will be phased out. Its a good read.

<Mod Edit>
As much as I think Jody and MXA are the embodiment of evil, I will respect their copyright. You can't post an entire article from a magazine in the forums
<end edit>

ThumpinByYou

May 8, 2001
This what I heard straight from my dealer about 3 months ago

Honda plans on stopping its 2 stroke mass production in the next 2 years.
and
Within 5 years that 2 strokes will be the handyman's special (meaning that everyone will have stopped 2 stroke production)

This is from my dealer's mouth not mine

JB

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Oh ye of little knowledge

While it is true that the 2-stroke engine will eventually be overshadowed by 4-strokes, don't believe everything you hear from the dealer. The majority of Honda's mass-produced 2-strokes do not wind up in their CR line.

ThumpinByYou

May 8, 2001
I don't believe everything that my dealer tells me... thats why I said it was from my dealers mouth not mine:eek:. And if mass production doesn't include the CR line. what does it include?
What I thought mass production was... is that they would be made available to factory racers and would be produced in limited quanities with the four stroke taking over most mass production quanities???:think

JB

Last edited:

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Honda mass-produces 250 two-stroke engines for a dual-sport bike that is currently sold in several Asian countries. These bikes are very popular over there because they are cheap transportation and can handle the extreme driving conditions found in these countries. They sell a whole lot more of these bikes than the do CR's. Just like in the U.S., massive polution problems in the cities have created tougher restrictions on vehicle exhaust emission. Many of these countries have banned or will ban two-stroke engines.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
:(

I hope not! I like mine. I don’t mind four-strokes, but I just like mine better.

Top Bottom