3 gal. Tank for EXC/SX RFS - uses stock shrouds

Douglas

Nov 29, 2000
I was talking to Scott's yesterday and they said they will have 3 gal. gas tanks for 400/520 EXC/SX that are narrow and use the stock radiator shrouds, available in about 3 weeks. they will be available in Natural ......he said they might make Orange or Black depending on demand.

mechantloup

Feb 5, 2001
dstktmusa....When do they expect the M/XC style tank from KTM...I've been waiting since mid January for mine...my dealer says KTM as trouble with the supplier...the tank is so well made ,thin and all i don't want to get a lower grade product !!Any news ??

Thanks

------------------
mechantloup
GRRRR!!!
KTM 520 EXC 01
Japanschrott?!Nein danke !!!

dstktmusa

Jan 5, 2001
As far as RFS MXC tanks go, the factory has a hard time of providing them for the new crated motorcycles. They are starting to filter into KTM USA spare parts, so you should get yours soon depending on where you are on the back order list
frown.gif
The last time I checked they have more than 80 on backorder and more than 100 tanks on order for spare parts.

mechantloup

Feb 5, 2001
I guess i have to wait and see !! My tank was ordered by my dealer in Canada...but parts have to go through KTM USA first ...do you think it will be faster or slower than for a US order ?? Anyway the range of the bike is quite good as is, i can live with the stock tank for a few more weeks ....Thank you for the information ...Roost on !!!

Bonehead

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 15, 2001
I NEED A STOCK TANK FOR A 2001 520EXC

I have added the electric fan to my 2000EXC
It's just like the package says it only fits the 2001.After the whirring problem was solved the gas tank won't fit.If anybody wants to sell a stock tank I would like to purchase it .

75miles on the stock tank.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom