kbl118

Feb 4, 2004
Hey all, I posted this under "What bike" but I'm adding it here too, looking for more replies.

I'm selling the DRZ400S and moving up... My local KTM dealer told me they can get license plates for the EXC KTMs. I do some trail riding, and I also plan to buy some supermoto wheels/tires for fooling around on the street. No long rides or commuting, only fun around town hooliganism. Which bike has more power, the 525 or 300? How bad of gas mileage does the 300 get compared to the 525? I think having the 300 2-stroke on the road could be a blast, despite the pains of mixing the fuel. What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance.

PS-comfort is not an issue, this bike will be for short, fun rides only!

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
I'd probably go with the 4 stroke. It would be better for motard racing. The engine braking really helps on the road. Plus you could fill it up at the gas stations. I ride a 300 now but can't help looking at those 500 thumpers....

The gas mileage is still good on a 300. I get around 25 mpg in the woods. Not sure what the thumpers get. Of course, a 300 Would be fun on the road. haha.. You'll probably get in trouble with it though. It's just too easy.

Top Bottom