Tdel

Mar 1, 2004
Hey guys,

I'm picking up my first KTM this evening! A 2005 300 MXC, it hit the dealer yesterday and will be assembled today!!!! Recently I have spent most of my time on a RM-250 set up for trails. I'm looking for some advice on setting up the sag for a non-linkage swing arm, and also any feedback on setting the hight of the fork tubes in the triples. Everything I have heard about the KTM's the setup is much more important than that of the japanese bikes.

Thanks,
Tdel

killerbeez 75

Oct 26, 2004
setting the sag I would believe would not be much different than on any other bike,you still want 110mil.right?Congrats on your new bike.I rode a 300mxca month ago and the only thing I have to say is hold on tight,it's a beautiful ride.

woodsracer369

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 3, 2004
40-45 mm static
110-115 w rider

KTMBell

May 14, 2001
I have mine set at 110 mm...works for me (175 lbs w/ equipment on). Plus, for the 05, you have the new frame and swing arm that...from all reports...has improved the suspension and handling considerably. I absolutely love this bike. Amazing in the woods...and will holds its own on the MX track. I'm looking at aftermarket triple clamps to improve front end handling...I've heard 18 mm offset, but have yet to go down that road. This bike is awesome...hang on and ENJOY!

Tdel

Mar 1, 2004
I heard the same about the 18mm offset. The bike is awsome. It is not as fast in a drag race with the current 250 mx class bikes, but in the woods it blows them away. We did about 12 hours this weekend, two 125's and a 426, I was able to hand in the tight stuff with the 125's and on the wide open stuff pull past the 426 slightly. I love this bike. I think I'll throw a damper and some protection on it and ride the crap about it.

Tdel

Top Bottom