trakkerman

Nov 12, 2001
I have a 1996 300exc. The headlight is not very bright. What wattage bulb can I use? What is the wattage output of the stock system?

Thanks

Randy

Evilgenius

Nov 25, 2003
First thing I would do is check the wiring. My 2002 exc was wired with standard on road lights with no high/low beam option and a dual bulb. if this is the case wire in the high beam. My 02 can't support the high and low at the same time without burning bulbs (I think it's either heat or too small of wires creating a ground issue), so be aware. your bike should have power enough to support any single bulb you buy, however, there are issues with melting your headlight if you pump up the wattage too much. Your best bet is a new headlight ass'y. Acerbis makes a wicked styled alien lookin unit with 3 lights. supposed to be great. I ordered one but it never came in before the end of the season and I'm unsure If I want to stud up this year.

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
My 2002 300 can run a 110 watts. I installed a UFO Ghilbi light and I am extremely satisfied. The light is DOT approved and takes normal 55/60 halogen bulbs. I have upgraded the bulb to a Sylvania Silverstar. My second option is more expensive, but worth it. I got a Night Rider "head hunter" system. With this and the light on the bike, you can ride very near the same levels as in daylight. It takes practice so be patient.

See you on the trail.
Darin

Top Bottom