bgdawg

Sep 7, 2000
:p

CAN'T STAND IT ANY LONGER!!

MOST STALLS ON A 300 COME FROM LACK OF CLUTCH PULL AND NOT TWISTING ON THE THROTLE!!

IDEAL IT UP IF YOU ARE KILLING THE ENGINE !! NOTHING WRONG WITH BIKE, MAYBE THE RIDER!!

VERY FEW ADJUSTMENTS ARE DONE TO STOCK BIKES , THAT ARE OVERALLING RACES!!

STUFF LIKE LOWERING FLOATS AND SUCH COULD CAUSE LEANING OUT; SAY ON A FAST WIDE OPEN SECTION.

PS. I RIDE A MC250 THAT I ADDED A 300 CYLINDER TOO,
I LOVE IT !!! OPEN A CLASS PUMP GAS ONLY!!:think

GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
bgdawg,

I may do the 300 conversion later in the year. I should just be able to bolt on an EC300 cylinder with powervalve assembly, head, and piston kit without machine work, correct? Did you change the power valve governer spring or ignition module? Thanks.

Glenn
'00 GasGas XC250

bgdawg

Sep 7, 2000
GLENNP

USED SAME POWER VALUE AND SPRING!

FOR ENDURO I RUN A 10OZ. WEIGHT AND A FULL SPACER PLUS A SPARK ARRESTOR

FOR HARESCRAMBLE AND MOTOR CROSS, NO WEIGHT AND MESSICO SILENCER.:cool:

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
I disagree to a point. I went from a 250 to a 300 this year. I stalled the 300 ALOT the first race I ran. It was very tight terrain.
Never had the problem with a 250.

I installed a non-resistor plug and kicked the idle up a 1/4 turn and NO MORE stalling!

I race Open A as well :)

GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
bgdwag,

The governer and spring can remain the same, but the main powervalve flap must be different to match the larger bore, correct? I'm just trying to research the project parts and cost at this point. Thanks.

Glenn
'00 GasGas XC250

bgdawg

Sep 7, 2000
same OLD problem gas gasMAN

:silly: JUST like MY first GRade Teacher SAID!!!

Don't be so( Lazy):p

:think

bgdawg 42 , old lazy and can't type. spell check helps though, thanks drn!!! Did I forget fat!!!

EK

Dec 3, 2000
I completely agree with bgdawg's intial post - including the SHOUTING. The GasGas 300XC is very stall resistant in stock form once you get it jetted. If you expect it to pull along at idle in gear, then you will need a larger flywheel. Overall this machine is AWESOME (intentional SHOUTING). The handling and power delivery are flat amazing.

Warning: only test ride a GasGas if you can afford to buy one or you will be disappointed when you have to go back to your other machine.

Eric K
'01 GasGas300XC

clw

Dec 29, 2000
EC or XC?

I got the dealer on the line, What do I order?

300xc or 300XC with the EC motor?

Is there that much difference? I put the smallest flywheel (9 oz.) on my YZ250, but that's it, what do you guys think.

How difficult is the jetting fix, I'm @ sea level?

SSRA enduro rider

bgdawg

Sep 7, 2000
xc 300-----many more options

clw The xc 300 has a small flywheel and is very quick, for moto-x or harescramble and all one needs to do for tight, real tight, woods is add the flywheel for even more torque riding!!!:D

bgdawg:cool:

Top Bottom