NWetRider

Sep 24, 2004
I put a 36mm Keihin PWK on my Husqvarna WR125. I think I am way off on the main. If anyone has ever put this carb on any modern 125 please share your jetting. I know it will not be exact but I am just looking for a ballpark figure.

Oh, I did notice some older KX125's come with a keihin power jet. Would the main jet size on that carb match up well with what a PWK would use?

thanks

NWetRider

Sep 24, 2004
I am looking for jetting because the plug just looks new.

I think with race gas, fully synthetic oil, a 1mm squish band, and the fact that a 125 is always working hard enough to make good heat that it does not make much color. At least that is my theory.

I did plug chops all the way up to 185. This should be way too rich for a 36mm carb. I still only had a grayish/brown color on the electrode. I cut the plug open and the entire insulator just looks new all the way down.

After I got the jetting as close as I could I put a new plug in my bike. I trail rode for about an hour at all different paces. The plug basically still looks new.

If I was way lean I would think I would get some bog or at least have some white build up on the plug. When a 125 pulls 200 pounds up hills as well as this one does I don't think it is lean. Anyway, I do not think reading the plug is telling me anything.

Currently I am at 45 pilot, CCK #2, 180 main. The bike pulls excellent for a 125 but there is not much on top. I suspect I am way rich but the 36mm could be holding it back. I have tried everything from a 168 to 185 and there is not a big difference. I suspect they are all too rich. I think I might need a main more like 160. I need to get the main sorted because it impacts the needle. Like I said, it pulls great with the CCK but that may not be true if I drop way down on the main. I played with a JD blue needle for a long time but it just did not work at all. Who knows though if my main is way off. I get max idle rpm with the airscrew about 1.5 turns out so I suspect the pilot is in the ballpark.

thanks

Top Bottom