jw380

Jan 27, 2001
Anybody have info for a 00 380 EXC flywheel weight?Steahly says there is not enough clearance with the cover for his and the pipe is too close to the cover for a spacer.I'm looking for more traction at low speeds.Thanks.

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
I have a 10oz Steahly on my 97 360 and I thought they were pretty much the same motor with a diferent stroke. It came with a thicker stator cover gasket when I bought it and that all seems to fit ok.

Henk

RoadRunner

Oct 17, 1999
I got mine from steahly, but if they don't make one for a new one...you'll have to look elsewhere. Maybe one of our European friends knows of an alternative to steahly. Judgiing from the new cases, there isn't much room though. My 98 has a totally different case than the new ones. Otherwise I'd say to check if KTM made an EGS version of the 380 in Europe. If so, it may have an even heavier weight than the EXC. Good luck.

Bobt250

Jan 21, 2002
I put a flywheel weight on my CR250, all it did was make the bike slow. I guess that might improve traction (no power) but I didn't notice any improvements. I removed it and was amazed at how much better my bike ran.

Just one man's opinion........don't waste your time with a flywheel weight.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I thought the E/XCs were already weighted enough? If you want more tractability, tune your motor for more bottom end.
I've got an FMF Fatty/Turbine Core combo, and a Rad Valve on my 360, and it hits way harder down low than stock, which means I can lug it more.
A little taller gearing will also take away some 'hit'.

gary emig

Jul 31, 2001
If you are needing a fly wheel weight you have two choices. You can purchase a Stealy, which they make for that bike. They do not make the spacer for the cover.We make a CNC one, for that bike, at Emig Racing.
Your second choice is, at Emig Racing we make a stainless steel one that puts more weight to the outside of the flywheel. It is Heli-arked welded on.
The reason for this is, the Stealy one will come loose, so we went to a welded style that is much better. The weight really helps that bike from stalling at very low speeds and does help on traction . We have two of these bikes here and when you get these motors dialed in, they are awesome to ride. We have also got great jetting specs for that motor. Call us at 816-847-1100 if you need help.

Top Bottom