pom

Jul 30, 2001
Hi guys, my new bike arrived today:) any advice on setup and
things to allow for e.g shark fin would be appreciated. thanks
oh yeah, this is the first ktm my dealer has seen.
pom

Buckholz

Mar 15, 2000
Locktite and torque upper shock bolt, kickstand pivot bolt, kickstarter bolt, and upper subframe bolts. Check the handle bar mount bolts (hex head) underneath the handlebars.

Run a premium Synthetic two stroke oil. Shock compression adjuster works opposite.

Jet per the chart in the back of the orange book, lower your fuel height slightly.

Enjoy!

Buckholz

Mar 15, 2000
I thought my sprocket bolts were locking nut types. Never had a problem, as long as I check em at the same frequency as my spokes.

BTW, your local dealer can get FMF fatty pipes for 98+ 380's for $99 from Parts Unlimited. Should be able to get it for $125 or so after dealer makes his markup.

I like the FMF fatty better than the burly/gnarly as it doesn't crack as easy....
Tell your dealer to check the new "hard parts" closeout PU catalogue.

380ePete

Dec 27, 2000
This is true. There are locknuts. The cheap ones with the nylon insert. I found out the hard way that you can't trust em. I lost all but one on a ride once. Thankfully in only did minor damage to my swing arm and hub. And yes, I did tighten them periodically. After that I found a few threads on Holeshot where some other Pumpkinheads had the same problem. I even saw something in one of the dirt mags as well.

Use the 242 Blue!

Top Bottom