nate_z

Sep 2, 2001
Hey whats the skinny on the LMC kalkaska enduro? Is this alans event or what?. Is it on national guard land any how sounds great Ill be there. Not taking anything from the turkey creek guys or any club that puts a enduro on but the loose moose is the best enduro in the world. And once again BIG MONEY pay out. So dont miss it because its never hot in da up eh"

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
It will be another kids run I believe. Mostly ORV trail.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
The event on 4/25 will be a family enduro - 12 mph.  Some members of the club do not want to call it a Pine Cone because of the August event.  We are having it this weekend in Kalkaska to be part of the Trout Festival.  It should be fun!!

Mike

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Mike

I am thrilled to see LMC is doing  (another!)  family event like the Pine Cone!  I will work on my kid over the winter to convince him he is up to doing it!  I think he will - I will enjoy doing such an event with him!  If he does not ride it, I may be able to help out.

Here is a hair brained idea...how about an unoffical D-14 "Kids Series" - three events, Kalkaska, Mini Moose and Pine Cone - accumulate points, and give the top 5 a huge trophy at the banquet?

Last edited:

Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
Originally posted by KTM Mike

Here is a hair brained idea...how about an unoffical D-14 "Kids Series" - three events, Kalkaska, Mini Moose and Pine Cone - accumulate points, and give the top 5 a huge trophy at the banquet?

Mike - I think that's a good idea! We love doing the Mini-Moose; it's great to see FAMILIES enjoying riding together!
How could we find out what the interest level for this is? Can someone set up a poll in this forum to determine the interest? Are the other ways to find out about those that might not frequent DRN?
I'd bet there's enough interest to make this work!

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Magoo / F&S - Do your clubs advertise events in the D-14 newspaper?

Seems that the D-14 newspaper is heavily geared towards MX. How about posting your event flyer there (and also in the D-16 publicaton for the LM/MM).

Magoo

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 1999
Smit-Dog, we advertise in both the D-14 paper as well as Cycle USA which covers WI, MN, IL and a couple other Districts.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
I think another good place to promote the family events would be the MCCC Michigan Trailrider mag - would seem to target exactly the right audience.  Spliting the costs of a combined add over the 3 events would be nice for each club - plus you might work in a bit about the J-Pine and Loose Moose along with.

Magoo... i have no clue how to set up a poll...now...Smit dog...he seems rather computer savy :worship: ... I becha he could do it!

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
To post a poll, start a new thread, and near the bottom of the screen are options for creating a poll, and setting up the poll choices.

Seems like the last few polls posted have had the vote count / percentages screwed up. Don't know for sure if this was/is a bug in the system, or if some of the mods were just playing around.

FWIW, I think that the 2 kid/family enduros that I've been to have been very successful. I believe that the Mini Moose had 50 participants (only 2nd year running?), and the Pine Cone had 250-300 (?). And the trophy-to-participant ratio was pretty high! Don't know if clubs can easily afford or always get enough donated trophies to consistently give out a ton like that, but receiving them really lights up a kid.

Overall the kids enduros are a great and important way to introduce the sport. Teaches them how to do it, is a ton of fun, and hooks them at an early age. Heck, I didn't even know what an enduro was until a couple years ago.

LMC and SS - Keep up the great work!

Attachments

• postapoll.jpg
    postapoll.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 89

Top Bottom