Flygirl

Jul 28, 2006
I imagine you've got a lot of advice on what to get so I'll just add my 2 cents :-) I'm 5'6", weight unavailable :-) and my first bike was a CRF230F. It seemed a bit heavy for me and I was intimidated at first but after my husband got me an RM85L I was glad I learned on a 4stroke. Now I can pick and choose what I want to ride depending on where we are going. I love the RM because it's lighter and is fun to ride in the canals but the 230 is a much better bike on trails. After riding the RM for awhile the 230 is a breeze, not so much worried about the weight. It's my little "tractor" :-)

aaldape

Mar 18, 2007
Hmm, so you like the RM85? Maybe we should think about keeping the 125cr we have as a second bike for her after she gets more comfortable. How does the 85 2t compare to a 125 2t, since I have never had an 85 to compare to? My girlfriend sounds like she is roughly the same size also, so maybe once she is comfortable an 85 would do her better, since it would most definitely be lighter, and not have the same punch as a 125...

Flygirl

Jul 28, 2006
I've ridden a KTM125 and have to say that I like the RM85L much better. My husband tweaked it a bit to fit the way I ride and it's close to the power of a 125 after his friend took it to his machine shop. After learning on a 4stroke it's hard to remember the powerband on the 85 :-) The 85L and the 125 were the same height (if not, it was pretty close) so that worked out for the better as well. I just don't need the power of a 125, the 85 takes me wherever I want to go as well as where I don't want to go..heehee.

aaldape

Mar 18, 2007
Definitely good to know. Maybe I will look into an 85 down the line a bit, it might fit her riding style more, since that 125 can be really quick... Thanks for the info!

Top Bottom