Yamamoto

Uhhh...
Apr 3, 2001
well this weekend at Croom a 4 wheeler smashed into a 5 year old on an xr50 and I have better reasons for this gripe.

also a little girl on a 4 wheeler took a guy out sitting in his chair while at his camp site. (broken ribs, arm, leg totally ruined this guys weekend.

Ok Here goes..
what gets me the most about 4 wheelers is the fact that you can take any inexperienced rider and they can ride it fast with out any skills at all.

Its not the 4 wheeler, its how people look at them. First off kids and parents tend to over look the fact that YOU NEED SKILLS to ride these things and just because kids can get on these things and ride them some parents do not even think that safety lessons are necessary.

what happened to the 5 yr old kid was that we had track going in a directional manor and some kid that had NO EXPERIENCE came into it in the wrong direction, I do not blame the kid do to his inexperience but I do feel that the parents were at fault for not providing brakes on the 4 wheeler, and allowing their child to ride with out supervision.

biker

Sep 22, 2000
I went to the L.L. youth qualifier in VA this year and my buddies van was crashed into by a little 4-wheeler. We were in front of his van talking, watching this little girls parents put her on the 4-wheeler. She took off and drove straight into the side of his van, luckily she wasn't hurt. We talk to her parents and they apologize and explain that she had never ridden one before. I wanted to ask them why they let her ride it among the cars, but bit my tounge, because it wasn't my vehicle. They get all the insurance info switched and they let her ride it again. The same thing almost happened again, with somebody elses car , until they put a stop to it. By the way, there was a big open area not 50 yards from where this all happened.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Croom is pretty bad about that. There is always some moron on a quad racing through the campground. I wish the park rangers would toss them out. Remember I use to race quads, I like quads, but there are a lot of morons out there that shouldn't be riding them. Of course same could be said about the vehicles on the freeway.

Yamamoto

Uhhh...
Apr 3, 2001
Check this out

Tristian is the kid in the fox shirt pointing to his broken bike.
yamamotoslabordaycroomtrip.msnw

This kid is a champ, even though he took a hard hit he stayed on the bike and was able to walk away with out injury......Tristian also stated that if he would have tried to turn he would have been hit on the side and would have got hurt, so he nailed him straight on just like he would have a stump or a rock if it could not have been avoided

One Dollar

Mar 15, 2001
I ride at Crooms also, only I usually head deep into the singletrack trails where there is no one around. My little one (3-1/2) rides a mini-quad and you are so right about parents being responsible and training them right. I took alot of time with a training tether in my back yard before I ever brought him to Crooms. Then when I did bring him for the first time I still used the tether. You might have seen me a year ago running behind junior along the campground road :)

Now he follows us into the trails and even leads at times (when I feel we are deep enough in and away from the main road). He has learned the trails and I am now in the market for an XR50 to transition him off the 4 wheels and on to the 2 wheels.

He is about 2 inches shy of touching ground when sitting on the XR50 now but I plan on getting it early next year and will start training him on that.

The 4 wheeler helped get him familiar with the trails and get used to riding with full gear but I used it mainly as a precurser to getting him on a 2 wheeler.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom